• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Recent content by Armchair Apologist

  1. A

    The Rise of Rome

    I agree. I was just saying that whether or not Peter had anything to do with the Church of Rome has little to no bearing on my ecclesiology.
  2. A

    Zionism Undermines our Gospel

    There are good people caught up in the middle on both sides of the conflict and we ought to remember them! War sucks and no one hates war more than those who have to actually go out and fight!
  3. A

    Zionism Undermines our Gospel

    Agreed but I would define "Extreme Zionism" (the one that is largely objected to by reasonable people) as people taking it upon themselves to fulfil end-times prophecy! We can look all throughout Church History to understand how such typically pans out! All of this is quite timely. We are...
  4. A

    Zionism Undermines our Gospel

    Zionism is one extreme, Replacement Theology is the other. I reject the notion that we should back Israel unconditionally no matter what. Therefore, some of the things that Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee have said regarding this are rather disturbing. We (the United States Government) should...
  5. A

    The Rise of Rome

    Very well written and informative. I agree 100% except that you state that the New Testament is "almost" silent about Peter in Rome. I would assert that the New Testament is COMPLETELY silent about Peter being in Rome and the silence is quite deafening in Romans 16 where Peter, the 'First Pope'...
  6. A

    Body & Soul

    God created us as a living being having a body and a soul/spirit. We often discount our bodies calling it "carnal" and whatever but are we not treading dangerously into Gnostic thinking here? Upon our physical death, our soul will depart from our physical bodies and we will be present with the...
  7. A

    Government Controlling and Banning News Organizations

    He is still the President and (more importantly) a human being who deserves to speak his mind without being taken out of context and misrepresented. If I were holding a press conference for whatever reason, I don't think I would want anyone in attendance who would likely twist my words around...
  8. A

    Government Controlling and Banning News Organizations

    If someone is intentionally misstating what you are saying and maliciously slandering your character, would you allow them in your living room so you may do so? The press can do whatever they want but the President is under no obligation whatsoever to allow them to do so in his house! Perhaps...
  9. A

    Antarctica

    I hear the Nephilim still live there!
  10. A

    Holy Spirit in OT believers, or upon OT believers?

    In all fairness, the examples you have cited are related to God's annointing upon someone for a particular task. The indwelling Holy Spirit of all believers is unique to NT believers otherwise Jesus wouldn't have given nearly as much attention regarding this in John's gospel. In the OT...
  11. A

    Dallas Theological Seminary

    Since John is the one who invoked the term, I hope he comes back to define it but what it comes down to is whether you are toting around an Old or New Scofield Bible. I'll let you connect the dots from there.
  12. A

    Dallas Theological Seminary

    Interesting, most DTS grads I run into are very strict, rigid dispensationalists who are ready to fight for their position! Perhaps these are "old School" DTS types and these "Progressive Dispensationalists" are the ones they have their guns turned towards?
  13. A

    Dallas Theological Seminary

    I'll bite here. The Classical dispensational view makes a strict separation between Israel and the Church with each having separate destinies stretching even into eternity. According to this view, God must take out (rapture) his church before he is able to turn his attention back to Israel and...
  14. A

    Dallas Theological Seminary

    This is the #1 thing that strikes me about DTS! Is it like $700 per credit hour now? How does one ever see a return on their investment? I graduated from Lousiana Baptist Theological Seminary which I would refer to as a "Harbor Freight" version of DTS (way more affordable and doable for me)...
  15. A

    Does the reformed church need to be reformed, more?

    A woman pastor is the sign of a "reformed" church that has apostatized and therefore needs re-reformation if we could use such a term.;) The PCA has a bunch of good folk despite some disagreements we may have with them and they are battling with apostacy and false teaching within their own...
Top