• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Recent content by Deacon

  1. Deacon

    The Genesis 3 "serpent" Not An Actual Snake

    A Baptist theologian has written a short book on the topic of the serpent in the series: Short Studies in Biblical Theology. The Serpent and the Serpent Slayer. Andrew David Naselli. 2020. Wheaton, IL., Crossway Publishers. 158 pp. "The serpent theme spans the entire Bible--from the beginning...
  2. Deacon

    Silent Baptist Leaders?

    The site shows clear signs of grossly slanted political messaging. The article implies: 1) Evangelicals are hypocrites and 2) Antisemite professor, John Mearsheimer suggests our President should be hanged. Rob
  3. Deacon

    NKJV Luke 1:35, Oops

    Only one version, the kjv, followed the variant, and not by following TR. A few other versions, however, note the inclusion of the phrase “of you.” KJV NKJV note RSV note NRSV note NET note Comfort, Philip W. 2008. New Testament Text and Translation Commentary: Commentary on the Variant...
  4. Deacon

    Discrepancy between Leviticus 23:6 and Matthew 26:17?

    The Problem: Leviticus specifies that the Passover occurs on the fourteenth day of the month, while the Feast of Unleavened Bread begins on the fifteenth (Leviticus 23:4-6)—yet Matthew’s account (Matthew 26:17-19) places preparation activities on “the first day of Unleavened Bread.” Resolution...
  5. Deacon

    Zionism Undermines our Gospel

    Bernard Ramm! Great stuff! "Determine the one central truth the parable is attempting to teach. This might be called the golden rule of parabolic interpretation for practically all writers on the subject mention it with stress. “The typical parable presents one single point of comparison,”...
  6. Deacon

    Is the entire Critical Text reconstructed or is a portion of it reconstructed?

    Re: the doctrine of Preservation: "Preservation is God's work, not man's performance." © Anthony Pritchard. The problem is that God does not define how (or even where) his word is preserved. It's presumptive to assume that God has preserved a particular line of manuscripts, ...during a...
  7. Deacon

    The "scriptures" are said to be "Given by the Inspiration of God", and I, therefore, say "The Bible we hold in our is Inspired."

    Inspiration is God’s supernatural activity wherein he moved his chosen prophets to receive his divine truth and express in written form under his authority. The process of inspiration is distinct from transmission and translation, which may be guided by God's providence. Copies and translations...
  8. Deacon

    Dallas Theological Seminary

    Here it is at the late Rodney Decker's site: Dispensational Study Group [link]
  9. Deacon

    God's Preserved Word

    I joined a new church after moving 2 years ago. They teach from the ESV so I've adjusted my study to use it. Rob
  10. Deacon

    Translation Terminology

    Steve Martin works off that scene in the 1987 movie, "Roxanne."
  11. Deacon

    Translation Terminology

    I'm an old hospital nurse, you'd be shocked at the language that we tolerate...both with patients and among colleagues. Rob
  12. Deacon

    The Extent of Corruption

    So Tony, are you calling my Bible corrupt? Rob
  13. Deacon

    Translation Terminology

    I lived in Cincinnati growing up; I've been told I still have a bit of an accent. Once our 4th grade class got a bit rowdy and the principle was called in to handle us He was busy yelling away... and each time he demanded we shape up, my friend, who came from a military family from the Deep...
  14. Deacon

    Preserved Text Only

    I must be sheltered. I don't think I've ever heard the term "Preserved text" to refer to only the textual stream of the documents used to translate KJV. Tony defined what he meant by the term, 'Preserved text': Tony, to me, the use of the term "Preserved text" displayed a bias even before any...
  15. Deacon

    Is the KJV too difficult?

    One of the first bibles I purchased as a new believer (back in the early 1970's), was a multi-version NT. If I remember correctly (and I certainly could be wrong) it had four columns including the KJV, NRSV, a NASB and the Living Bible. An older believer/friend also gave me a nice black leather...
Top