• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Recent content by Its_real_for me !

  1. I

    Understanding the Contrast of “Law” and “Promise” in Galatians 3

    Christ came to fulfill the law, it's no longer a schoolmaster, but is the knowledge of sin verse 10 of the law, works under the curse and were required to keep it as Abraham. We are in Christ, Abraham being a non jew, but God made him the first jew. We are baptized into Christ, saved by fire the...
  2. I

    Holy Spirit in OT believers, or upon OT believers?

    Ok gotta clear up this... John The Baptist had empowerment not the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, indwelling happened at Pentecost after the ascension, John is no exception.
  3. I

    Holy Spirit in OT believers, or upon OT believers?

    in the midst is among them, yes.
  4. I

    Holy Spirit in OT believers, or upon OT believers?

    One greek meaning on Acts 4:8, Luke 1:15, furnished, accomplished (power).... specific purpose, not indwelling.
  5. I

    Holy Spirit in OT believers, or upon OT believers?

    I did apologize thanks ! I was a little off kilter but it comes with the territory. I'm sure he understands there's a lot of wishy washy people who can claim to be who they aren't and the state of the church isn't any better, so I'm leery who I listen to. I don't know him from Adam, and he did...
  6. I

    Holy Spirit in OT believers, or upon OT believers?

    Ok ya got me, Christ had all authority after his resurrection, but only at the right hand of the father was he able to pour out the spirit to believers. So... the OP's contention to resolve the pouring out of the spirit in the OT verses the NT... The OT God was in authority, so yes He poured out...
  7. I

    Faith # 7

    Really ? It hasn't changed ? LOL OK... It's still faith alone OT yes... But I shouldn't have to tell you about Faith alone in Christ is required to have salvation, should I not just Jehovah? So Jews or anyone else can have faith in Jehovah God in the OT. JW's believe that, Jews believe that...
  8. I

    Holy Spirit in OT believers, or upon OT believers?

    He was the only one before birth Dave, but it wasn't until the ascension that believers received the spirit. Either A you are not well versed in theology or B you are not a true believer Dave and are involved in some sort of other denomination that is not the church of Christ.
  9. I

    Faith # 7

    are you forgetting how they have salvation during that time mentioned of rejecting the Prophets, verses the time of that passage that Christ was preaching about ? It wasn't the same requirements to have salvation.
  10. I

    Faith # 7

    because that passage and verse isn't about salvation, that's why.
  11. I

    Faith # 7

    Ben Then they were never chosen to begin with. And... If you read God gives those to Christ He chose. God is alot bigger than our finite mind can wrap our heads around. You're thinking of Christ weeping over Jerusalem, gathering chicks as a hen and they would not. He was speaking what Israel...
  12. I

    Faith # 7

    predestined.... is an English word, and in the Greek mean the same thing. Pre.. before destined to eternal life. Determined before, predetermined, before ordained. It's a self explanatory word, that can't be expounded on to mean something else other than what it means. How does an Armenian...
  13. I

    Holy Spirit in OT believers, or upon OT believers?

    Luke 3:22 King James Version 22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. Yes three in one but God sent the holy Ghost in a bodily shape, a bodily shape signifying the spirit...
  14. I

    hop skipping and jumping

    I won't say that people aren't getting saved, and I'm sayin' it's not the most important part of conversation... but, The whimsical message salvation message and l can’t accept that it’s genuine.
  15. I

    hop skipping and jumping

    My point is God conviction with the power of his spirit, if guilt is his tool, so be it. But witnesses who built of guilt not preaching the power of the Holy Spirit is worthless.
Top