• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Recent content by Mike B

  1. Mike B

    The King James Translation

    Doing some research on just that. Accuracy and formal equivalence matters. Looking over the MEV at the moment, as it does come from the same base texts as the KJV. Also considering the ESV, but again, it's going to take some research. I'm not one to make snap decisions, so I'll do my homework.
  2. Mike B

    The King James Translation

    If that is the case, then I'm glad the monarchy did so. The result is that the King James Bible is the #1 selling book in all of history. (yep, and I even looked it up). Going to (forever) continue reading my KJV, but I've learned much from these threads, and, as a result am going to buy one...
  3. Mike B

    Translation Terminology

    Having done some reading on this this very issue, I believe that is the general consensus. The original documents, being of a spiritual, supernatural nature require the same spiritual nature when being translated due to the nuances of scripture itself. (hope that makes sense).
  4. Mike B

    Antarctica

    I might disagree. Although freezing to death in both places is highly likely, at least on Mars you get to see some cool stuff that nobody has ever seen before. Antarctica is pretty bleak, whereas Mars has all kinds of surface features to explore (while you're freezing to death).
  5. Mike B

    The "scriptures" are said to be "Given by the Inspiration of God", and I, therefore, say "The Bible we hold in our is Inspired."

    And I was supposed to know this....HOW? Been married for 24 years, and I'm just now beginning to grasp reading my wife's mind; have only been a member here for almost three months....I'm not at that level yet to make such presumptions.
  6. Mike B

    The "scriptures" are said to be "Given by the Inspiration of God", and I, therefore, say "The Bible we hold in our is Inspired."

    As a refresher, here is what I quoted: I agree with the above statement, which I did not relate to being in reference to any specific version, nor is the KJV even mentioned. My comment was about the miracle of God's word, and that beyond just being words printed on a page, there is a...
  7. Mike B

    The "scriptures" are said to be "Given by the Inspiration of God", and I, therefore, say "The Bible we hold in our is Inspired."

    Seriously...........did you actually read what I wrote? This was an honest concern of mine, in that every post I make is now going to be read through the lens of "He's KJV Only", and people will respond in the negative as a result, regardless of the comment I make or the subject it references...
  8. Mike B

    The "scriptures" are said to be "Given by the Inspiration of God", and I, therefore, say "The Bible we hold in our is Inspired."

    Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Through reading and hearing the righteous Word of God, the Holy Spirit brings spiritual conviction to the heart of a lost sinner, and that lost sinner then seeks salvation in Christ Jesus. The power of the Gospel...
  9. Mike B

    Dallas Theological Seminary

    I checked the page, and unfortunately none of the presented papers, or the responses, are available.
  10. Mike B

    Has English Degraded?

    Don't believe I've ever even so much as implied such a thing.
  11. Mike B

    hop skipping and jumping

    Although I can not be definitive on the Calvinist part, I would give that a hearty "AMEN!", instead of an argument.
  12. Mike B

    Democrat's pastor says virgin birth is pagan myth

    The author of the article said: "How is this woman in any prominent position in an establishment that calls itself Christian? She is a rambling mess of incoherent, blasphemous nonsense. The "church" she and Talarico attend is not a church at all. It is an indoctrination camp wearing...
  13. Mike B

    Has English Degraded?

    Perhaps your words come across stronger than you intend them to. I use the KJV, only, and some of you folks aren't real keen on that idea. Absolutely not. I'm simply giving you a "real world" idea of how your posts may come across to others.
  14. Mike B

    Has English Degraded?

    Logos, I do not mean this to be disrespectful...instead it's more of an observation from following so many of these threads. I'm glad that you are not teaching a new Christians class in "Can I trust the Bible", as based on your comments (and those of others) those new Christians might be...
Top