1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ Had to Die

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KenH, Jun 26, 2024.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isaiah 46: 9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Christ must die; therefore Adam must fall." So stated, js a blatant unbiblical faliacy.

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Before the foundation of the world Christ was going to shed his precious blood, DIE. How was that going to be if Adam does not bring death to mankind? How is Christ going to destroy him who has the power of the death, through the death, if there is no death? Heb 2:14

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Gen 1:2 ----- Satan is already Satan and needs to be destroyed. He is represented in, and darkness was upon the face of the deep. Satan caused this, it wasn't how God had created the earth. Satan, spiritual things of the evil in the heavenly places, needed to be destroyed. How was God going to bring about the destruction of Satan and his works?

because we have not the wrestling with blood and flesh, but with the principalities, with the authorities, with the world-rulers of the darkness of this age, with the spiritual things of the evil in the heavenly places; Eph 6:12

I say through flesh and blood, death and resurrection.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. --- Was manifested as flesh and blood. I will ne who I will be, I am that I am.
    Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children [Of Adam] are partakers of flesh and blood, he [Christ] also himself likewise took part of the same; [flesh and blood] that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
    Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Rom 16:10 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. ---- That verse literally states, in the future the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet in to quickness. Meaning, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, God will crush Satan under their feet.

When?

IMHO

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not true. No such Scriptural teaching.

6. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God knew Adam and Eve was going to fall... And as soon as Adam and Eve fell... There was a remedy... Already prepared... God did not look for one... Brother Glen:)

Genesis 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God decreed it. God is sovereign, not merely some chess master who is countering some move by His creation, as if His creation is some kind of co-sovereign with Him.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. - Revelation 13:8

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, in 30 A.D. is when from the foundation of the world.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And just where in the Bible do you think you see that?

11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The LORD God was the pre incarnate Son of God.

12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "From" the foundation of the world.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does mean that 30 AD was when the world began? I am quite certain that the universe and the world and animals and plants and people existed prior to 30 AD.

14. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    From is after not AT the foundation of the world.
    A common error in understanding the language.
    See Luke 11:50, That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; . . .
    Not AT but after.

15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any time after is after.
    I understand the language in this way. You didn't, you are wrong from my point of view.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, the blood of the prophets was shed after the world began, after Adam was created.

Frankly, your viewpoint is not Biblically supported, and, in my opinion, just plum weird.

17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is not Biblical?

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The foundation of the world is when God created the universe, the world, and all of its plants and animals and inhabitants.

19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. The foundation of.world/mankind was the sixth day. John 3:16.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]