1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Creation vs Macro Evolution

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Davidtme, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Davidtme

Davidtme New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is my “thoughts to paper” regarding Macroevolution versus Creation”. I would like very much form many to would review and let me know of any problems you may see in the way I expressed myself before I show it to others, specifically non-Christians. Thanks to all that respond.

To Atheist and Agnostics, and for all people. Isn’t this (just one of many) reasons to believe there is a God.

This has nothing to do with homosexuality or gender dysphoria directly, rather it is about Creation versus Macro evolution.

Why Genders

If humans evolved from a single cell, how did it happen that there are male and female and the two must come together to reproduce – did not that require intelligence (a designer). If evolution is all by natural process which means evolution would follow the simplest direction, why would humans not reproduce on their own (we know that is possible as some creatures do). And equally important, to incent the genders to get together to reproduce, hormones exist, causing the two to sexually unite in an (absence of hormones) illogical fashion of using body parts biologically used to dispose of body waste. This is obvious that “intelligent design” was/is in place.

Then who is God?

We can look primarily to humans as God’s ultimate creation (over material objects and superior to animals in intellect) to find attributes of God. Knowing humans are capable of good and bad we should look for good, meaning good for all humankind/creation and recognizing bad is result of our selfishness allowed by our creator in giving us freewill. Example: unselfish love, we are truly happier loving rather than even being loved, we are happier giving than receiving. If we just evolved in a “survival of the fittest” manor we would not have unselfish love and would not be happier giving than receiving.

So, since we have those attributes, they must be by God’s design and as such must be God like.

This is the story/message of Jesus as recorded in the Bible and other historical documents, that Jesus/God is a loving and merciful God.

Then what do we do with this knowledge?

Just being practical, we better hope that God as our superior is a loving and merciful God.

This is the story/message of Jesus as recorded in the Bible and other historical documents, that Jesus/God is a loving and merciful God.

We all know we are not perfect – God knows it too and forgives us and accepts us. We just need to believe and accept and trust his love and mercy (not just for this earthly life but for all of eternity). While some may believe all go to heaven or that there isn’t an afterlife – but maybe for reasons beyond their understanding there is. As an example, God doesn’t force anyone against their will. It seems to me that at a minimum being separated from Jesus/God and all of goodness, would be hellish. So why not (from your heart) just acknowledge God and ask and believe/accept his loving mercy. Why not.