1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fix for i pad??

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by just-want-peace, Jul 13, 2017.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My i pad seems to be very temperamental regarding Wi-Fi. At times it clicks right along just like it is supposed to, but again sometimes (getting more common) it just refuses to load anything.
    This is with the signal strength showing max. I've had other folks in my home using lap-tops or smart phones etc. that say their connections are fine at the same time my i pad in just spinning its wheels. Had an older i pad that did the same thing, so I bought a new one but I'm beginning to wonder if this is an inherent problem w/i pads?

Any/all help appreciated!!!!

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Android users can download a free app called "WiFi Analyzer" that shows the WiFi signal strength as being received on the device. I presume the Apple App store would have something similar.

You and someone else in your home should each download it to your device(s). Have the WiFi Analyzer app running in the background of each device. Then, when your iPad starts to stutter and lose signal, both of you should quickly flip over to the WiFi Analyzer app and compare signal strengths being received on each device.

This will give you an idea if the problem is with your device or the WiFi router.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

3. liafailrock

liafailrock Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not a WIFI expert, but I think certain routers are temperamental and specific devices are not as forgiving. I am using a chromebook here and have similar problems -- I love the chromebook but I keep getting spinning that says "resolving host". Yeah, I know I tried all the fixes like shutting off the prediction service and clearing the cache and all that stuff but still did it (this is a refurb and I get the feeling the previous owner probably had the same problem). Until one day..... I found what the problem was. It did not fix it, but I have a two frequency router 2.4 and 5 GHZ. I find if it spins, I connect to the other one mid-loading and the page comes up instantly. Apparently what is happening is it's connected to the WIFI, but stopped communicating for some reason. Switching midstream like that, although 3 clicks extra (LOL), works like a charm.

Sometimes my wife's old ipad mini is temperamental like that too but not as often so I told her the same. If

If you have two frequencies try that, or all least disconnect and reconnect. If it's a similar problem that may work.

That all said, unfortunately from people that I talked with that have this problem they either need to upgrade the firmware on their router or possibly get a different one. I have an app for my router so I know it has the latest firmware. But I know there's something flaky about my router because it never properly displays the number of connected devices, even though they are fully connected and functional. So how can I fully blame this chromebook when the router does not even "know" what's all connected to it? But I'm thrifty. I rather just make the extra 3 clicks than to spend over $100 for a new router as this one is only a few months old.