1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Give Us Barabbas!

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, May 30, 2023.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This man is mentioned in the four gospels so he must be of some importance but how many of us realize the importance?... Why was Barabbas released and Jesus crucified?... Lets look at the four gospels, I will let you read it on your own.

Matthew 27: 17-26

Mark 15: 6-15

Luke 23: 13-25

John 18: 38-40

So who is Barabbas?... Christ was crucified!... Who was let go?... The following link is very interesting... Comments?... Brother Glen:)

We Are Barabbas

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Back in the day, I was taught that it was a misunderstanding.
    Ie, they really wanted Barney crucified not Christ

not kidding around here

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dispensational, right?

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    34 Therefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: some of them shall ye kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city:
    35 that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous unto the blood of Zachariah son of Barachiah, whom ye slew between the sanctuary and the altar.
    36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
    37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that killeth the prophets, and stoneth them that are sent unto her! how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
    38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. Mt 23

20 Now the chief priests and the elders persuaded the multitudes that they should ask for Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.
    21 But the governor answered and said unto them, Which of the two will ye that I release unto you? And they said, Barabbas.
    22 Pilate saith unto them, What then shall I do unto Jesus who is called Christ? They all say, Let him be crucified.
    23 And he said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out exceedingly, saying, Let him be crucified.
    24 So when Pilate saw that he prevailed nothing, but rather that a tumult was arising, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this righteous man; see ye to it.
    25 And all the people answered and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.
    26 Then released he unto them Barabbas; but Jesus he scourged and delivered to be crucified. Mt 27

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God unto you by mighty works and wonders and signs which God did by him in the midst of you, even as ye yourselves know;
    23 him, being delivered up by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye by the hand of lawless men did crucify and slay: Acts 2

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So how do you crucify Rubble?... With a jack hammer?... I'm not kidding either... Brother Glen:)

#5 tyndale1946, May 30, 2023
    Last edited: May 30, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2