1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Important notice for all BB members

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Salty, Jul 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand that many of us are very unshakable about our doctrine.
    Some of these doctrines that we can be very strong in include C vs A, Pre, mid, post Tribulation,
    tithe, KJO, CCM vs Trad music, open vs closed communion, old creation vs new creation, as well
    as a host of other doctrines.

LETS BE CAREFUL WHEN DESCRIBING OTHERS - WE DO NOT TO USE TERMS SUCH AS FAKE, STUPID, "you cant be saved if you beleive that" ECT (note; I may add to this later)

We may be strong in our beliefs - but so are those who disagree with us.
    Here is the basic consideration- will that belief keep us out of Heaven?

I am not saying you cannot disagree with someone on Doctrine- but lets use Christian charity.

For example - some on BB may see no problem with a female pastor - -- So if a woman becomes a pastor - does that mean she looses her salvation (or would it prove she was never a Christian) -
    I don't think that is the case - Thus - do not call her a "fake pastor" ect. What you should say is that according to Pauls writing she is not a Scriptural pastor.

Now there are some extreme doctrines - esp of cults ie 1) no Hell, 2) baptism required for salvation, 3) prosperity Gospel 4) Jesus might be the son of God - but not God himself, ect.
    So when discussing doctrines such as these - lets do use Christian Charity in explaining why those doctrines are wrong.

Should anyone have a question about this - please pm me or others on the Admin team

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.