1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judge Righteous Judgment

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KenH, Jul 11, 2024.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    JUDGE RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

It is the glorious gift of God to view the things concerning salvation according to a proper standard. That standard is absolute righteousness and it is only found in Christ. Once the Lord gives eyes to see his glorious salvation, it is impossible to return to the religious bondage of ones former religion.

Man's religion will always put you under a mountain of duties and conditions you must meet to be accepted by God. You must, "Get right, or get left." This involves getting all known sin out of your life, often even going so far as to destroy personal property that may represent sin. (music, books, etc.)

The problem with this thinking is, that once you've done all you can possibly do, you still haven't established the absolute holiness that God demands. You still don't possess true righteousness.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

The glorious good news of the gospel is vastly different than the duties and conditions prescribed from most pulpits. The gospel concerns a righteousness accomplished by Christ, as a representative substitute of sinners. They do not stand before God in the filthy garments of their best works, but are clothed with the righteousness of Christ himself.

While religion says do, do, do, the gospel declares DONE. The righteousness of God in Christ is the present, abiding condition of all those chosen in his everlasting covenant of grace. God has given them repentance to turn from every false way that finds supposed merit concerning the flesh, to the finished work of Christ alone.

It is only in him where peace with God is found. It is only in him where true holiness and righteousness is found. It is only in him that the believer finds rest, free from any possibility of condemnation.

Righteous judgment is turning, by the grace of God, from the weak and beggarly elements to the glorious salvation wrought out by Christ alone. He alone is the righteousness of the saints and it is a glorious righteousness indeed.

I pray that you would think on these things.

Jeremiah 51:10 The LORD hath brought forth our righteousness: come, and let us declare in Zion the work of the LORD our God.

This is all my hope and peace
    Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
    This is all my righteousness
    Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

- by Kenny Dyess via his Facebook page