1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just a thought....

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Centrist, Jun 30, 2024.

1. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For as long as I have been coming here, many of you have been thinking I'm Mormon, even though I do not recall saying I am. Let's just say I'm inactive. I'll change my profile in a bit for that.

But what I find astonishing is how a non-denominational Christian church that is 18 miles away is far more willing to give me a ride to church, in fact they are happy to do so. OTOH the now-local Mormon church, that is less than 1/2 mile away, the leaders do not return calls and I and my roommates (I'm now in different housing than before, long story) cannot for the life of us get a ride to church. And all three of us are, allegedly, members in good standing. (There are a lot of details here that I know would certainly help enlighten you and make the matter far clearer, but for now we can make do with what I provided.) Likewise, the members of the Christian church are far friendlier than the Mormons.

I am not bullying Mormons, just stating what I know to be factual. And I know some of you may remember when I was advocating for fairness and equal treatment for Mormons in my early days.

And yes- I know what President Nelson has said about the name of the church being "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints", but I and a number of "old school members" still learn towards using "Mormon" & "LDS" in discussion as more an act of brevity than disrespect.

But in the end it doesn't matter. I still know who Jesus Christ is- He is my Savior. And I know that to go to Heaven I must go through Jesus, and no one else. Not Joseph Smith, not Brigham Young, and certainly not President Nelson.

And as much as a few of you really annoy me for reasons either unmentionable or unknown, I still love each and every one of you, as expected by Jesus.

#1 Centrist, Jun 30, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2024
  2. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am curious considering what you just posted why do you still hold the LDS teachings? If the people form the church are friendlier and willing to help you does that not tell you something. God is pointing you to the truth you just have to accept it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry you have been treated this way and your way of worship is nobody's business but your own... Looks to me like the non-denominational Christian church that is 18 miles and willing to take you to church is a blessing to them as also a blessing to you... I've found out in my experience that the Lord leads us sometimes where we wouldn't go on our own... While the Mormon church is only a half a mile away and more convenient and won't give you a ride, the other non-denominational Christian church that is 18 miles is willing to take you to church... Go with God... The Lord is trying to tell you something... Sometimes we don't need to bemoan our situation... We just need to stop and listen... God Bless... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Centrist,
    1 John 5:9-13, If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

5. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's what I was raised learning, and it "felt right" to return to the LDS. God is pointing, and I am following as I have been active in the Christian church. The Mormons, well, when the Executive Secretary and Elder's Quorum President both do not return calls or texts in a 6 week period....
    I must correct myself- the ES did return one call with a brief message saying if I needed a ride they'll be there for me, which was 4 weeks ago and it was his only response.
    My history with religion is extensive. I may have to write about it someday (just no today).

6. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist