1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just shaking my head:

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Aug 11, 2023.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am on a political FB page:
    I asked this one liberal:
    Lets try this: Is Biden your number 1 choice to be the Democratic Party nominee in 2024 - if not who do you think would be the best D-nominee?

Her answer was:
    I have no idea who the best nominee would be considering no one has thrown their hat in the ring.
    I don’t have a problem with Biden but it’d be great to get the oldsters out of office and I will vote for him if the choice is between him and a criminal, traitorous, dictator want to be.

then I couldn't help but answer:
    are you talking about that situation with China?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The American voters need to dump both Donald Trump and Joe Biden, and allow the United States to move forward without them, instead of relitigating and relitigating and relitigating and relitigating and relitigating the pasts of those two elderly men.

I really, really like the idea of a grand deal being made in which Biden pardons Donald Trump and Trump agrees to not run for president, and the House GOP shuts down its investigation of Joe Biden and Biden agrees to not run for president.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same with conservatives. So glad I am not a liberal nor a conservative, not a Republican nor a Democrat.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it should read that the Party Voters of the two respective Parties need to dump both (Trump & Biden)

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would put "Extremist" b4 liberal

8. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

No chance.
    If Biden runs again, he will probably receive 91,000,000 votes. He is the greatest, most popular President...EVER. He received more votes than anyone in history: even more than Obama - in either of his victories. Just watch any mainstream network and you'll realize things have never been better.

We will not have a real conservative POTUS, and most likely never have a Republican. My guess is if Biden opts to step down it will be the Governor of California- who will bring the success he has had in the Golden State to the nation as a whole.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's been all downhill ever since Grover Cleveland left office.

upload_2023-8-12_10-32-36.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    Truth be told, I am not sure Biden deserves his disapproval ratings.
    • Saudi Arabia is talking about recognizing Israel.
    • NATO is expanding under Biden’s watch.
    • We are not at war with anybody.
    • Record low unemployment.
    • Inflation is starting to come back under control.
    • He actually made electric cars a reality (they suck, but he did what he said he would do).
    • How is the Southern Border? Are we still placing children in cages?
    Could things be better? Oh heck yeah!
    … but to read Biden’s disapproval ratings, you would think the opposite of all of the above was true. Does anyone else remember when Jimmy Carter was facing re-election?

13. Baptist in Richmond

Oh, no: he will miraculously SURGE in polls. That is, if he decides to run.

Again, if he decides to step aside, Newsom will win.....BIG.
    Remember: all these people crossing the border will apply for drivers licenses. When they are filling put the application, it will ask if they want to register to vote. They will have all the votes they need.

You heard it here.

14. Baptist in Richmond

Are you serious? Or are you yanking our chains?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    So enlighten me:
    • What foreign policy factor is driving the unpopularity?
    • What economic metric is driving the unpopularity?
    • How does that “factor” or “metric” compare to all the last 5 presidents at the end of their first terms (and their disapproval ratings)?

16. Baptist in Richmond

You didn't answer my question. Don't want to assume anything that isn't specifically stated, as it almost always starts a huge argument.

Are you serious? Or are you just yanking our chains?

17. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was serious enough to present supporting facts along with my opinions. I have received only empty rhetoric in response.

18. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    * Afghanistan withdrawal disaster leaving 13 service members dead, Taliban in control.

* Record high inflation: claiming its down 4% from 9% isn’t progress compared to the 2-3% under DT. Coupled with gas prices remaining high (3.50 a gal down from $5+ a gal isn’t really progress compared to $2.25 under DT)

* Widespread corruption with foreign nations with his son Hunter bringing in tens of millions and policy changes afterward.

* Concerning children in cages… that policy started under Obama, ended under DT and started again under Biden… but only long enough to push children into child sex trafficking under Biden. They have lost count of 80K children released into the US to unvetted “Sponsors”

* Not to mention the 10-15 million illegals that have been let into the country including terrorists, drug gangs, criminals and sex offenders that are wrecking havoc on our communities, schools, health care system and law enforcement.

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to enter into a debate, but …
    1. All withdrawals are disasters.
    2. The withdrawal spanned both administrations.
    3. DT initiated negotiations with the Taliban and the withdrawal.

It is hard to compare the inflation rate and gas prices during a pandemic lockdown with an overheated economy. Inflation is not CURRENTLY at “record high” is it?

Accusations of corruption have become the new “political normal”. Need I remind you of the accusations that Trump and his family faced during his presidency. The question is how many charges have been filed and how many have resulted in convictions. (Same criteria as I expected for the Trumps and the Clintons.)

My point on the “children in cages” was not the sensationalist “isn’t this terrible” but the more pragmatic “we have so many people arriving at the border that we cannot physically house them all without resorting to unacceptable makeshift solutions”. Since we hear little about the “crisis”, I suspect that the NUMBER OF PEOPLE at the border is down. [I was asking if anyone had facts to the contrary.]

That particular problem remains largely unchanged from previous administrations. There has been a southern border and illegal immigrant problem for decades. What is different now from 4, 8 and 12 years ago?

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not compared to the Great Inflation of the late 1970s-early 1980s.

Yes, gas prices were quite low when Donald Trump left office, as the United States was in the middle of a pandemic and people were working from home, not going on vacations, and not driving as much as they were before the pandemic.

We hear a lot of allegations by the House GOP but they have not presented any evidence, such as actual wire transfers, etc. If they actually have real proof, I would think that there are Republican prosecutors who would take on the job of prosecuting Hunter Biden and getting a grand jury to indict him.

The U.S. immigration has not been addressed since 1986. It needs to be. I like the idea of State-based VISAs.

State-Based Visas: A Federalist Approach to Reforming U.S. Immigration Policy | Cato Institute

None of what I wrote above is to carry water for Joe Biden as I have no desire to see either Joe Biden or Donald Trump being sworn in as president on January 20, 2025. I think either one would be horrible for the United States. It is inevitable that the American Empire will come to an end, as all empires come to an end, but ten years ago I was not thinking that God might be using Joe Biden and Donald Trump as the means to do so.