1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lack of Strength

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Guido, Aug 31, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is evident in this -- that to form propositions in my mind, and to assemble them into a sentence in my mind, things I have recently started to do, I struggle to do with many propositions or for very long -- that strength is lacking in me, which also is evident in my struggle to do other things. My question is whether I can strengthen my mind by doing daily pushups, and how many pushups I should do a day.

#1 Guido, Aug 31, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2024
  2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guido, the key to strengthening yourself in any area is to do those things over and over. Little by little.

For example:
    • If one's house is a mess. Clean little by little - not forsaking each day. Clean something - anything.
    • If one wants to pursue running, start by walking - step by step. If all one can do is to walk to the end of the driveway, then do that everyday until one can walk farther.
    • If you want to craft sentences and write. Then start by writing down words you like, then defining them in your own words; then writing them in short sentences, and then longer sentences. Then one day you will be ready to write.
    Push-ups perhaps will not help with your mind to the point you want.

Exercise is good for everyone and all should get some exercise daily. But if you want to write, then write down something! Even if it makes no logical sense or is not complete sentences. Do this daily and one day, the sentences will come freely.

I know you struggle with mental illness as you have told us frequently.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for the advice.

I think that the approach I tried, the approach of mentally assembling a number of propositions into a sentence in my mind, especially when typing on my phone, is inviable for me. I have succeeded in writing in a somewhat sophisticated manner before, not by using this method.

4. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    On second thought, I think I will keep trying that method.

#4 Guido, Sep 1, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2024
  5. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Start out with 5 good, deep push ups. Do that for 1 week, 5 days a weeks, at the same time, in the morning before breakfast.

Add two pushups (7) for the next week, 5 days. The next week do two sets of 10 pushups. The next week do three sets of 10 pushups. The next week do 4 sets of 10 pushups.

The next week do 4 sets of 15 pushups. Add 5 pushups (4sets) each week until you are doing 4 sets of 25 pushups.

A great workout to invigorate the mind and body.

peace to you