1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Part of President Trump's platform for 2024

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FkCokLTXEAI0yEt.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    At what cost?

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution.” Donald Trump 12/3/2022

Any one wants to change the constitution from its original intent through redefining the words in it that is activism. Progressivism is activism.

What about politicians who advocate the termination of all rules, regulations and and articles, even those found in the Constitution?

It is ironic, but only a "RINO" would support Trump now. His willingness to terminate the rules, regulations, and articles found in the US Constitution in an attempt to overturn the 2020 election places Trump far too progressive to remain in the GOP.

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is why I say Trump has good instincts for politics. If he only focuses on policy, he does well.

But the continuous references to 2020 fraud distracts from issues that can actually be addressed.

peace to you

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with his platform as well.

While focusing on the 2020 election is troubling and speaks mostly to a segment of the alt-right, his willingness to terminate portions of the US Constitution in an effort to be installed as President is politically unforgivable.

Hindsight is 20/20. While I detest the DNC platform and voted Trump both times, it appears we may have escaped a greater evil.

What is more bothersome is some supposed Republicans support Trump (they are in truth Progressives).

I hope the GOP finds a viable candidate and keeps the platform.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The more I think about it, the more problematic a Trump candidacy appears.

We are talking about the office of President, a position that demands one to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

With one statement Trump has disqualified himself. How can a person who seeks to terminate aspects of the US Constitution in order to be installed as President be trusted to protect and defend the Constitution he threatens?

I hope the GOP comes up with a good option. The DNC is not much better than Trump when it comes to the Constitution. Their only grace is they stop short of Trump's statement.

Imagine if Biden made the suggestion to terminate parts of the Constitution. We'd all be calling for impeachment (and rightly so).

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I agree with him because its not just about that one election. It needs to be righted

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand the argument. If the 2020 election isn’t “righted”, we are allowing the Dems to get away with massive fraud. It is like watching someone who is obviously guilty of a heinous crime get the charges dropped because of a “technicality”.

Bottom line, once State legislatures certified the results and sent electors to congress, Biden is the duly, constitutionally elected POTUS.

There is no constitutional way to change the outcome of the 2020 election. Better to focus on 2024.

peace to you

8. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We escape nothing of the sort by Trump having been illegitimately prevented from being fairly elected.

Obama should have been impeached for overrunning and overwhelming our borders with illegals including admittedly unconstitutionally enacting DACA. Biden has doubled down on that and should be impeached.

The point is that we are already being ruled unconstitutionally on a daily basis in very detrimental ways. It’s the Dem modus operandi.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just to be clear, the Dems have challenged the acceptance of electors in every race they have lost. They have called every repub POTUS illegitimate since Nixon.

The Dems have been calling for abolishing parts of the constitution for decades, including the electoral college system and the 2nd amendment.

Additionally, your attack on Trump supporters as being “progressives” is utter nonsense and completely undermines your point that Trump’s statement disqualified him from POTUS.

peace to you

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not talking about challenging electors or elections. I am talking about Trump publicly calling for parts of the US Constitution to be terminated so that he can be installed as President.

That is bad. At least the Dems are sneaky about their betrayal.

To clarify - I view somebody who supports a progressive as being progressive.

But you are right. People often support things they do not agree with. We have anti-abortion Democrats, for example.

I agree the Democrats are willing to trash the US Constitution.

I am not sure what that has to do with Trump.

My point was had Biden actually announced that parts of the US Constitution should be terminated then we would be demanding impeachment.

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I supported Trump.

But I regret supporting a politician who would call for the termination of parts of the US Constitution so that he could be installed as President.

The reason I say we may have escaped the greater evil is we now know that Trump is not a patriot (that he is willing to trash the Constitution for his gain). What we do not know is how that would have been manifested should he have continued as President.

That is why I used "may". We don't know what he would have done.

We only know he was willing to at least go so far as to terminate the US Constitution.

I agree Biden and Obama should have been impeached. Hillary Clinton should be in jail. But that doesn't have anything to do with Trump calling for the termination of the Constitution.

I do not understand why, when we look at how Trump is disqualified, people keep bringing up Democrats and their crimes.

A person's wrongs are not justified by pointing to the wrongs of others.

I realize that politics is compromise. It is weighing wrongs against rights.

But are we really considering a presidential candidate who called for the termination of parts of the US Constitution as a viable candidate????

If Trump had a chance to be elected (I do not believe he did) then he lost it with that statement.

I am starting to suspect it is a show and Trump may be working to guarantee a Biden victory. I can see no other explanation. It looks as if he is trying to amputate a section of Republicans and galvanize the DNC.

And I am, I suppose, attacking Trump's position now. NOT his platform (I hope a viable candidate picks up and carries that torch). He has disqualified himself to protect and defend the US Constitution by calling for its termination.

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess this best highlights my point.

The Democrats are progressive. They use the US Constitution when it suits them, but trash the Constitution when it does not.

Trump has called for the same practice when he called for the termination of parts of the US Constitution dealing with elections so that he could be installed as President.

Is this now the GOP modus operandi as well?

Any candidate (Republican, Democrat, 9r Independent) who calls for the termination or suspension of the US Constitution is unfit. The reason is they are seeking office to protect that which they are advocating to terminate.

Those who support these candidates are supporting what these candidates ate calling for.

They are not patriots.

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree election fraud (on all sides) need to be addressed.

But how can terminating the US Constitution (or the parts preventing Trump from achieving his goal) be a good thing?

The President is to protect and defend the US Constitution. How can a candidate who calls for its termination be trusted to protect and defend it?

When you were a marine you vowed to protect and defend the US Constitution even from its domestic enemies. I suppose as a former marine you are no longer under that oath, but at one time the Constitution was important enough to you that you'd protect and defend it as best you could.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When the foundation for the certification is corrupt and illegitimate then the certifications need to be dealt with as well. If they are not then it allows for this corruption to go on. He may be the man who was certified but the certification was illegitimate because the foundation to it, due to the corrupt nature of the election, is corrupt. It is not what the framers intended and not workable. Just because one part of the election was done correctly doesn't diminish the corrupt nature of it all. Its all corrupt.

15. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    It’s no great mystery in this case. In fact, it's quite simple.

My post honed in on the farcical notion that we may have escaped a greater evil, which is even more ridiculous considering it is based entirely on speculation, a speculation which depends on something with no teeth.

On the other hand, the Dems have the media, academia, and bureaucracy to carry out their unconstitutional desires in ways Trump could never carry out anything, good or bad. They don’t just talk unconstitutionally but carry out in lockstep all manner of unconstitutional ploys.

16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But we have to consider the consequences.

Electing a President who is not only unwilling to support and defend the US Constitution but calls for its termination undermines the nation far more than the Dems at this time will.

What if Trump wins, but next time the Dems are in power. Having allowed Trump to set the president that the US Constitution is irrelevant there US no longer any bases to contest the Dems.

We could not logically argue for the right of the unborn to live as protected Constitutionally.

We could no longer expect any protection of religious freedoms, of the freedom of speech....everything that was protected (even if that protection was abused by the Dems) would be subject to being terminated or suspended.

Trump has made himself a greater enemy to freedom than the Dems as he is seeking to remove the Constitution that has kept so much at bay.

Would Trump be successful? Of course not. We have the SCOTUS and a military that has vowed to protect and defend what Trump seeks to terminate.

But to allow such a candidate to be President is wrong.

17. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, we must go back to the speculation made, namely if Trump had won instead of Biden.

That would mean Trump never made the statement, nor would have ever felt the need to.

He would have continued on whatever path he intended in his second term.

However, he would not have the massive power being wielded by the openly anti-constitutional Dem Progressive Left through the puppet presidency now in place.

The country did not even come close to escaping a greater evil than what now rules, and how it got there.

Far more likely, the country will suffer much greater evil than ever at the hands of the Dem Progressive Left before the next election.

18. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is exactly why I have stated his statement is outrageous and why I cannot support him. It goes beyond the Dems constant attacks on the COTUS and it’s limiting federal power and protecting individual rights.

It was a politically fatal mistake on his part and has probably cost him the nomination, imo.

Back to the OP. His statement about a digital bill of rights will resonate. I suspect other candidates will offer their own versions over the next year or so.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “The Fake News is actually trying to convince the American People that I said I wanted to ‘terminate’ the Constitution. This is simply more DISINFORMATION & LIES, just like RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA, and all of their other HOAXES & SCAMS,” Trump wrote Monday afternoon, saying he meant that “steps must be immediately taken to RIGHT THE WRONG.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...sts-he-doesnt-want-to-terminate-constitution/

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    trump-even-the-Constution.png

• Informative Informative x 1