1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul taught The Doctrines of Grace.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Alan Gross, Aug 17, 2023.

1. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

"A brief sampling of excerpts from the Book of Acts and the Epistles will suffice to prove that the followers of Christ believed in the Sovereignty of God and the doctrines of grace.

"The salvation account of Saul of Tarsus on the road to Damascus furnishes us with a striking illustration of God's grace in the effectual call. Saul hated the followers of the Lamb, and was on his way to persecute them.

"He was not seeking the Lord, he was seeking the destruction of the Lord's people when Jesus apprehended him, humbled him, and called him to salvation.

"It was not Saul who sought God and laid hold on Christ, it was God who sought Saul and Christ who laid hold on him, making him "willing in the day of his power" (Psalms 110:3).

"In Acts 13, Paul preached Christ to the Jews and Gentiles at Antioch. When the Jews rejected the message Paul turned to Gentiles and Luke records their reaction in verse 48;

"And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed".

"In no uncertain terms, saving faith is expressed as the result of God's election or ordination to eternal life.

"Paul the Apostle, who wrote 14 books of the New Testament under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, is often found expounding the doctrines of grace.

"Who can deny that Paul believed in the five points of sovereign grace in light of Romans chapter nine or Ephesians chapter one?

"Even a casual reading of these two chapters reveal that Paul did not attribute salvation to the free will or cooperation of the natural man, but to the immutable will of God and His eternal purpose of grace."

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Alan Gross

Yes those chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4 are the ones the Father gave Him, and the promise from Christs own mouth is this Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me[Election] shall come to me[Faith/Believe]; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Coming to Christ here means believe on His Name, and its guarantied to happen if they were given to Him by election.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All Christians believe in the Sovereignty of God and Gods grace. Just not the perverted definition of the calvinists

4. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes those chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4 are the ones the Father gave Him, and the promise from Christs own mouth is this Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me[Election] shall come to me[Faith/Believe]; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Coming to Christ here means believe on His Name, and its guarantied to happen if they were given to Him by election.

5. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Key!

KEY!

KEY!