1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PERCEPTION OF GOD

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alex2165, Aug 2, 2024.

1. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Romans 2.24
    24. 'The Name of GOD is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you,' just as it is written. (Isaiah 52.5) (Ezekiel 36.20-23) (Romans 2.24).

How can this happen? It is absolutely clear that those who call themselves as Christians represent the GOD on Earth, and whatever they say or do they presented their GOD in their life, in their words, and their deeds, the GOD in Whom they believe, worship and obey.

Not all ordinary people are stupid and many of them know very well the Bible and even some of them at one time once were members of the church.

So, when people see hypocrisy, deceit, greed, lies, and all sorts of evil in so call "Christians" they think that they represent their GOD in such way, and so their GOD may be just like them in all they do.

This issue relates to all believers no matter in which god they believe, but so call "Christian" are particularly guilty of it, because they represent One Living Mighty True GOD, and just like Jews before them go astray from GOD in their ungodly desires and sins but keep preaching and teaching people who obviously see what kind "teachers" they are.

I believe that everyone who misrepresents GOD in such way is guilty of unbelief and blasphemy of those who see hypocrisy, deceit. lies, and evil deeds in those who claim to be "Christians," and instead of bringing people to GOD they deflect and draw away people from GOD and many souls are lost because of these false "Christians." They do more harm to GOD and people than good.

As numerous times recorded in the Bible, everyone will receive from GOD their reward according to their deeds, one Day it certainly will come true, and it will too late for such false "Christians" to change anything.

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I learned an early lesson in humility when I was a passenger in a friends car that was honked at while stopped for a light.

The young driver turned around and complained about the noise.

It was only after we arrived at the place where we were going that I noticed a “Honk if you love Jesus” sticker on the bumper.

Sometimes our irritation is due to ignorance.
    Ignorance can lead down the path of hypocrisy and worse.

Rob

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    According to the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD, GOD Himself, self-executing, and the personal NAME He chose for He Himself is only one, of course. What is the name of GOD?

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God's Name is His identity. Being who God IS.

5. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But He has a name which He chose for He Himself-Luke 1:26 and 30-31. Take a look.

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Timothy 2:5-6, For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, . . .

7. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And JESUS said: I (the Word made flesh) and my Father(the Word) are One. John 10:30

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Word is not His own Father, John 1:14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) . . .

9. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    JESUS said: I, JESUS, (the Word made flesh-John 1:14), and my Father (the Word, the Word is GOD-John 1:1) are One. John 10:30

10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Repeating your confusion doesn't make it right.
    God the Father is not the Son of God. Yes, God the Father, the Son of God and the Holy Spirit are the same God.

11. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are saying that.

What matters and prevails is the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD-John 1:1, GOD Himself, self-executing.

John 1:14-14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
    JESUS said: I and my Father are One. John 10:30

JESUS said: I, JESUS, (the Word made flesh) and my Father, (the Word) are One. John 10:30