1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Praising God Whilst Knowing Your Still Just A Sinner

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Lilly_of_the_Field, Jul 6, 2024.

1. Lilly_of_the_Field

Lilly_of_the_Field New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't know about you lot on here but I have this thing whereby I find it hard to praise God sometimes after being convicted of sin. I just wanna be perfect like Him.
    I struggle with feeling inadequate a lot and my go to scripture that comes to mind is usually
    “I (should )praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:14 (NIV) I still find it hard to fully praise Him because I am a sinner and also going to sin again no doubt. Damn. I hate sinning(intentional or otherwise)

I am left thinking perhaps that the idea here about Praising God whilst being a sinner is to keep me from becoming filled with pride.

Then I am also reminded that I am pretty much unique in that I have different desires, skills and strengths He gave me and for a reason, regardless of whether I like them or not. (sometimes I don't like my strengths at all because I can compare them to others)

Thoughts, ?

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luke 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

I agree we all have our strengths and weaknesses but are we better than anyone else?... The one in the mirror, that looks back at you, tells you, you're not... Brother Glen:)

• Agree Agree x 1