1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saluting when holding items

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Salty, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When we approach an officer - we are to salute -
    but what happens when you are holding something in both hands?

from Rally Point

This is the second time I’ve gotten reprimanded for this situation. I was walking with a binder in my hands, and a mug in the other hand. I walked past a CSM and a CPT, greeted both as I was unable to salute. CSM stopped me and demanded that I drop everything to salute the CPT. AR 600-25 states that I am not required to render a salute if I am carrying articles with both hands. What is the right answer?

I love this response from an O-5
    "hand whatever you are holding in your right hand to the CSM and salute.....".

#1 Salty, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well what happens if I'm holding coffee in my right and salute:eek:... If the coffee drowns the person I was told to salute I'm just following orders... Now should I follow protocol or common sense?... I guess I would say excuse me sir and put down what I was carrying in my right hand and pop a proper salute... Never thought of the answer the O-5 gave and or the reaction I would get if I tried it?... And NEVER salute in a combat zone!... Brother Glen:)

Btw... I had a female officer walk by and didn't salute but that's a different story:oops:

#2 tyndale1946, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023