1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

San Marcos and Beyond: Venturing Through the Andean Highlands

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by asterisktom, Jul 19, 2024.

1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    San Marcos and Beyond: Venturing Through the Andean Highlands

I am so behind in my trip reports. Yesterday we slogged a 20-hour bus ride up here to Manaus, Brazil, crossing the Amazon pre-dawn. But my blogging is way behind our slogging.

Anyhow, here are two excerpts from the latest article:

"“Venturing” is a good, stretchy word. In this case it can also include “adventure“, “peradventure” (“maybe“), and “misadventure“. We certainly experienced all three of these. But the unexpected was to be expected. That is part of traveling in countries like Peru. You just can’t always rely on research from the Internet. The reality is always more fluid."

"The huge head of Tupaq Amaru gazing heroically on the town close to the site where he was captured by the Spaniards and, on the orders of the Viceroy, finally executed in Cuzco. He might have evaded capture but he chose to stay with his wife who was close to giving birth. He was the last king of the Sapa Incans."

Article is here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Twenty hours, in a bus.... I've done that, ugh!

Once again, beautiful pictures.

Who are you traveling with, brother?

Rob

3. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks very much, Rob. I am traveling with my wife. Yes, bouncing back from long jaunts is harder at our age, but it is worth it.

• Like Like x 1