1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T- Mobile cell phones

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by Salty, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does any one subscribe to T-Mobile?

What are your thoughts about their service?

I currently have AT&T

The reason I am thinking of switching - is that they are offering Veterans a 50% discount?

Recommendations welcomed

Thanks

Sgt Salty

2. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    T-Mobile's network is awful. I went to a nearby T-Mobile store when they came out with their Veteran's program. It looked like it was a good deal. I grilled the sales rep on coverage. I live in a rural area in the middle of the orange groves and wanted to know if I would have a signal. The sales rep called up their web page and showed that the signal was strong in my area. I transferred my AT&T phone to T-Mobile and was terribly disappointed. I had less than one bar at my house and calls dropped all the time. I had decent coverage in Orlando, Tampa, and Lakeland; but there were more dead spots than I could have imagined. Calls dropped all the time. I use my phone for business, so I had to cancel with T-Mobile after having it for only three days. I lost the great grandfathered plan I had with AT&T and went to Verizon. I suppose if you live in an urban area or a heavily populated suburban area you may be fine with T-Mobile. Caveat Emptor!

#2 Reformed, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I currently get a small discount from AT&T - for state employees.

So if sound too good to be true - it probably is.