1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Babylonian Talmud was sourced for Peter Ruckman's Rhetoric?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Alan Gross, Aug 14, 2023.

1. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is from: The Ruckmanites Among Us.

I was wondering were Mr. Ruckman gathered some of his thoughts, since they seemed to me that they certainly weren't from God.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the Ruckmanism Versions quoted, but they look very close and similar to statements I have read on his site, for example.

For entertainment purposes only.

This quote regarding the authority of men over scripture is straight out of the Babylonian Talmud.

Erubin 21b Soncino edition My son, be more careful in the observance of the words of the Scribes (Of the Talmud) than in the words of the Torah (Old Testament).

Ruckmanism Version: My son be more careful in the observance of the words of the Scribes of the KJV than in the words of the bible in the original Greek and Hebrew.

Michna Sanhedryn 11:3 It is more wicked to question the words of the Rabbis (Of the Talmud) than that of the Torah.

Ruckmanism Version: It is more wicked to question the words of the Rabbis of the KJV than that of the bible in the Original Greek and Hebrew.

Erubin 21b. Whosoever disobeys the Rabbis (Of the Talmud) deserves death and will be punished by being boiled in hot excrement in hell.

Ruckmanism Version: Whosoever disobeys the Rabbis of the KJV deserves death and will be punished by being boiled in hot excrement in hell.

Rosh Hashanah 17a. Christians (minnim) and others who reject the Talmud will go to hell and be punished there for all generations.

Ruckmanism Version: Christians and others who reject the KJV will go to hell and be punished there for all generations.

Sanhedrin 90a. Those who read the New Testament (they call these uncanonical books) will have no portion in the world to come.

Ruckmanism Version: Those who read any other translation other hand the KJV will have no portion in the world to come.

Shabbath 116a. Jews must destroy the books of the Christians, i.e. the New Testament.

Ruckmanism Version: Ruckmanites must destroy all bible translations other than the KJV.

Hagigah 27a. States that: No rabbi can ever go to hell.

Ruckmanism Version: No Ruckmanite can ever go to hell. (Though he lies, cheats, steals, murders, commits adultery to the word of God, and teaches men to follow their doctrines and teachings above the words and teachings of Christ as written in the original Greek Hebrew and Aramaic.)...

Baba Mezia 59b. A rabbi debates God (over the Talmud) and defeats Him. God admits the rabbi won the debate.

Ruckmanism Version: A Ruckmanite debates God over the KJV and defeats God, and God admits the Ruckmanite won the debate.

It is a mitzvah [religious duty], however, to eradicate Jewish traitors, minnim, (Christians) and apikorsim, (Apostate Jews) and to cause them to descend to the pit of destruction, since they cause difficulty to the Jews and sway the people away from God, as did Jesus of Nazareth and His students, and Tzadok, Baithos, and their students. “May the name of the wicked rot.”

Ruckmanism Version: It is a Mitzvah (Jihad) to eradicate Christian traitors, the unsaved or Apostate believers and to cause them to descend to the pit of destruction. Since they cause difficulty to the Rabbi’s of Ruckmanism and sway the people away from the Ruckman Talmudic teachings as did Jesus of Nazareth and his disciples did to the Scribes and Pharisees. May the name of the wicked rot in hell.

The Jewish scholar Hyam Maccoby, in Judaism on Trial, quotes Rabbi Yehiel ben Joseph: "Further, without the Talmud, we would not be able to understand passages in the Bible...God has handed this authority to the sages and tradition is a necessity as well as scripture. The Sages also made enactments of their own...anyone who does not study the Talmud cannot understand Scripture."

Ruckmanism Version: Without the KJV we would not be able to understand the bible. – God handed His authority to the 50 scribes and sages of the KJV. The traditions they created are a necessity – and anyone who does not read and study from the KJV cannot understand Scripture.

I hope that didn't cause you any Bible Versions and Translations discomfort.

2. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Idolitry!