1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Correct UMC Response to Denominational Error

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by rockytopva, Aug 13, 2024.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Summer of 2024 - I did catch about a half a dozen camp meetings. Since the Robert Sheffey days the Methodist Episcopal Church combined to create the UMC (United Methodist Church). In which the Sheffey Camp Meeting became. The UMC has embraced the LGBTQ stuff and I am supposing that there are gay bishops out there in which I don't want to investigate anymore into. The people at camp meeting all looked old and unenthusiastic.

So... For the speaker of this camp meeting they had an old veteran and he would speak like this... "All! We all know Methodism has had its issues and is a mess. But our response is to laugh about it!" And then he goes on to tell a story about a man who laughed all the time. And the last time he heard someone laugh was at a funeral somewhere in which his loud laughing could be heard everywhere.

My thoughts... My gosh! What terrible events to have beheld! Suggesting we find humor in carnal events! So all the issues related to the church we are supposed to give deep hearted belly laughter over.

*** Our church is a mess! Hahahahaha!
    *** We are terribly sexually impure! ! Hahahahaha!
    *** Our speakers are terrible! Hahahahaha!
    *** Our doctrine is way out there in left field! Hahahahaha!