1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Lost Tribes of Israel...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Jan 26, 2019.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe every student of Scripture and/or history knows God had the Assyrians, under King SARGON, exile tribes of Israel except Judah, Benjamin, & Levi, in the late 700s BC. (The Assyrians set an example for later empires by moving conquered peoples from their own land to another, thus helping quell rebellion in them.)
    Scripture mentions those tribes several times long after that conquest, promising to return them to their own land. So, for years, there've been debates, discussions, & arguments about what became of those tribes after their exile. Apparently, a FEW individuals made their way to Judah, such as the ancestors of Anna of the tribe of Asher, who saw jesus & prophesied about Him. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE VAST MAJORITY OF THOSE TRIBESPEOPLE ? ?

The quack Herbert Armstrong, of Worldwide Church of God, had a very-flawed "British Israelite" theory. many mistakes were found in it. So, let's take a look at some UNDENIABLE FACTS of Scripture & history.

We know jacob, on his deathbed, gave prophecies for each of his sons. At that time, he assigned the rulership to Judah til Shiloh(Jesus) comes, & he prophesied great material wealth to Joseph, ancestor of Ephraim & Manassah, including God's birthright of Abraham & Isaac. Now, Joseph himself was already rich, Grand Vizier of Egypt, married to Pharaoh's daughter, etc. so the birthright was not manifested in him personally. That meant it had to fall on his posterity in the tribes of Ephraim & Manassah.

Now, there have been several great empires in history, including the Roman, Mongol, and Soviet Union ones. But none were greater nor wealthier than the BRITISH EMPIRE. And at one time, the BE & USA between them controlled some 80 % of ALL the world's resources! That's indisputable! It's safe to say that at one time, the USA & Britain could've collaborated & conquered the world!

But we see both the BE & USA have declined in wealth & power since WW2, as they've largely gotten away from God.

So, where are the "lost tribes"? They're not among the Jews; the Jews are the tribes of Judah, benjamin, & Levi. There MAY still be a few individuals from other Israeli tribes among them, but not enough to make up the majority of any of the "lost tribes". But they're STILL HERE, or Scripture is wrong.

(Continued Later)

2. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Galatians 3:6-9 (NASB) 6 Even so Abraham BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS. 7 Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham. 8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "ALL THE NATIONS WILL BE BLESSED IN YOU." 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham, the believer.​

Those who believe the gospel of Jesus Christ are counted as the descendants of Abraham.

Genesis 17:4-7 (NASB) 4 "As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, And you will be the father of a multitude of nations. 5 "No longer shall your name be called Abram, But your name shall be Abraham; For I have made you the father of a multitude of nations. 6 "I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings will come forth from you. 7 "I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you.​

The covenant from Genesis 17 was always meant to be inherited by the descendants “from many nations,” not just one nation (not just the Jews). Faith in the gospel of Jesus (the same faith Abraham had) makes you a descendant and qualified heir of the righteousness given to Abraham.

I’ve always viewed verses that mention Jacob & Israel as speaking about both Jews & Christians.

1 Chronicles 16:17 (NASB)
    He also confirmed it to Jacob for a statute, To Israel as an everlasting covenant,

Psalm 14:7 (NASB)
    Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion! When the LORD restores His captive people, Jacob will rejoice, Israel will be glad.

Psalm 105:10 (NASB)
    Then He confirmed it to Jacob for a statute, To Israel as an everlasting covenant,

Isaiah 41:8 (NASB)
    "But you, Israel, My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, Descendant of Abraham My friend,

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But GOD promised to make Israel and Judah one nation again. I'm sure he was speaking of those LITERAL peoples!

Here's some food for thought - 2 Samuel 7:10 Moreover I will appoint a place for My people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own and move no more; nor shall the sons of wickedness oppress them anymore, as previously

Now, at that time Israel was firmly rooted in the Promised Land. God didn't say He was gonna plant them again in Canaan. The context of that verse shows God was gonna plant them somewhere else, as, evidently, they were gonna be moved !

I'd liketa see YOUR thoughts about where that some place can be !

4. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Long before 2 Samuel 7:10 was written, this topic was addressed by Jacob to Joseph when Joseph presented his two sons to Jacob.

Genesis 48: 16) The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth. 17) And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and held up his father's hand, to remove it from Ephraim's head unto Manasseh's head. 18) And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put they right hand upon his head. 19) And his father refused, and said, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations. 20) And he blessed them that day, saying, In thee shall Israel bless, saying, God make thee as Ephraim and as Manasseh: and he set Ephraim before Manasseh.

Now whilst we know that the nation of Israel is clearly a specific singular nation designated to a scripturally specific eternal location. Ephraim and Manasseh were clearly prophesied to prosper in the midst of the earth. With Manasseh becoming a great people, and Ephraim becoming even greater and his seed shall become a multitude of nations. There can be no doubt that Jacob knew that Ephraim and Manasseh would be dispersed to prosper outside of Israel in the midst of the earth. I'm not sure if Jacob knew that so many tribes would accompany them. Clearly it was revealed to Ezekiel.

Indeed the identity of Judah, Levi, and Benjamin have always been known, as they have continually, to at least to some degree, continued the tradition of Judaism throughout their history. And they have suffered the greater persecution, as prophesied, by being identifiable by their tradition, which continues to this day.. Whilst starting virtually immediately from the time of Jeraboam, those tribes were separated from the Judaism tradition. By the time they went into exile they were totally diluted from the Judaism tradition. Hence subject to adapting to new traditions making their identity undetectable and sparing them of prolonged persecution. Allowing them to prosper in the midst of the earth.

Based on the biblical concept of identification by the fruit that one produces, and the specific blessings in verses 16 and 20 directly attributable to the earth being blessed by Israel through Ephraim and Manasseh, the nations that have been most responsible for sending Christian missionaries with the true gospel across the face of the earth have been the English speaking nations. And conceivably the USA, with it's 50 states, might qualify as fulfillment of Ephraim's seed becoming a multitude of nations. In the British Empire's peak it might also qualify. But based on the current times, there is no doubt that The USA is not only the dominant nation upon the earth, but also is by far the greatest allies that Israel has.