1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Rapture Ready Auburn Baptist Church

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Sep 23, 2022.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have learned my eschatology Baptist and find that people who are "rapture ready" are a fine, Christ like, people. The Auburn Baptist is that kind of church and I will drop in for a visit from time to time. To describe their eschatology I quote from their web site...

The Return of Christ - We believe the "Blessed Hope" of our Lord's return is literal, personal, visible, imminent, premillennial, and pretribulational. He will rapture His Church prior to the seven years of tribulation, and at the end of the tribulation Christ will return with His saints to establish His thousand-year reign on the earth. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:13; I Thessalonians 1:10; Revelation 3:10; Zechariah 14:4-11; Revelation 19:11-16, 20:1-6; Psalm 89:3-4) - Auburn Baptist Church | Beliefs

The Auburn Baptist Church - A long drive for me or I would visit from time to time. The church is in a beautiful location and everyone I have met that go there a fine bunch of people...

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. VDMA

VDMA Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dispensationalism is a humanly contrived system that has been imposed on the Bible and has an entirely false sense of history. It makes the physical nation of Israel, not the church, the center of history.

Dispensationalism is Wrongly Dividing the Word of Truth. Pre-trib, mid-trib, “secret rapture”, is not taught in sacred scripture or in the historic church. It is a heterodox teaching that sensationalizes the end times.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are a Replacement Theologist.

Ezekiel chapters 36 through 48 thoroughly rebuke your cultic "church".

The real Church is not contrary to Ezekiel chapters 36 through 48. And adheres to Romans chapter 11.

Your cultic "church" is primary in the Antichrist Human Fraternity scheme and has it's whorish place in Abu Dhabi with the new St Francis Church in the Abrahamic Family House compound along side the new mosque and new synagogue.

Your cultic "church" doesn't even try to hide it's whoredoms anymore.

That's how perversely far from God human society has fell.

The Great Tribulation, that you deny, IS coming for your cultic "church".

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24:43-44

And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12:39-40

• Like Like x 1
  5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dispensationalism does not exist only in one view.

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 16: 15-16, ". . . Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. . . ."

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. VDMA

VDMA Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dispensationalism is a humanly contrived system that has been imposed on the Bible.

Amillennialism (which is the historic biblical view): the teaching of Scripture—the belief that there will be no physical or literal reign of Christ on earth for a thousand literal years prior to judgment day.

Premillennialism: the belief that Christ will return before the millennium to rapture the church before the Great Tribulation.

Postmillennialism: Christ returns after the millennium and the tribulation. There will be a utopia on earth before Christ comes.

The dangers of millennialism (Dispensationism)

Millennialism is not a minor error. As with all errors, it ultimately undermines Christ and his gospel. The following are some dangers posed by millennialism.

1. It rejects the gospel as the only means of grace for all ages. Because of dispensationalism (the belief that God has divided world history into different ages during which he will test people with regard to a specific command), millennialism holds that God has a different means in each age to accomplish his purpose of salvation.

2. Millennialism has an entirely false sense of history. It makes the physical nation of Israel, not the church, the center of history.

3. The gospel is often lost from sight by millennialists. Jesus and his atoning work receive little attention in their writings, as do the sacraments.

4. Millennialism dulls a person’s spiritual awareness. There is “still time” before the real end comes. Perhaps there is a second chance.

5. Millennialism dulls a person’s anticipation of heaven. As one looks at the millennial scheme, heaven is almost an afterthought.

Lange

Dispensationalism was popularized by John Nelson Darby, the Dallas theological Seminary, Schofield reference Bible, and campus outreach.

There is no secret rapture. The only thing left behind in pre-tribulation, “secret rapture” theology is the Bible. It does nothing but sensationalize the times. There are variations of dispensationalism. There are flavors that teach Old Testament sacrifices will be re-instituted, etc., and that there is two salvation plans, one for the Jews and one for everyone else, etc.

When will we rise? Well the Bible tells us, on the last day, when will Lazarus rise? Again, Jesus tells us on the last day. It is really that simple. No charts, no crazy maps, no flow charts, no scripture twisting, no sensationalizing the end times. You have this age, which was ushered in by the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the last day, which everyone else will rise.

Joh 6:39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

The biblical history view of eschatology is Amillennialism.

It really is not hard debunking dispensationalism heterodoxy. Ezekiel … Daniel … does not support dispensationalism.

#7 VDMA, Oct 2, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...if this is not being replaced then I don't know the meaning of the word:

40 When therefore the lord of the vineyard shall come, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
    41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those miserable men, and will let out the vineyard unto other husbandmen, who shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
    42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, The same was made the head of the corner; This was from the Lord, And it is marvelous in our eyes?
    43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken away from you, and shall be given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
    44 And he that falleth on this stone shall be broken to pieces: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will scatter him as dust.
    45 And when the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. Mt 21

11 And I say unto you, that many shall come from the east and the west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven:
    12 but the sons of the kingdom shall be cast forth into the outer darkness: there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth. Mt 8

28 There shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and yourselves cast forth without.
    29 And they shall come from the east and west, and from the north and south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. Lu 13

19 Thou wilt say then, Branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in. Ro 11

• Like Like x 1
  9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are desperate.
    The millennium is an essential per Revelation 20:1-10 as per Revelation 22:19.

10. VDMA

VDMA Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not sure why this tread is even under “other denominations” because Dispensational eschatology is confined to Baptist/Evangelical churches. You will not find it in the historic church … sacred scripture, and the ancients never taught this nonsense. You can try to scripture twist and impose your presuppositions onto the text. Modern day Israel has nothing to do biblically with end times any more than American … etc. (dispensationalist also ignore important historical books such 1 and 2 Maccabees to help properly interpret Daniel, Revelations, etc.).

Dispensational is complicated with their wacky charts and the sensationalization of the end times … etc. You can write a 666 page book on what dispensational believe and how they interpret scripture through their hermeneutical schemes.

Here is a short excerpt that is helpful. It is a small snippet of a much longer writing.

"The “Literal” Fulfillment of Prophecy”

“Dispensational premillennialists often insist that their interpretation is correct because it understands all prophecies “literally.” This often dovetails with their assumption of a plan for a new Israelite kingdom apart from the church, since they interpret many of the prophecies in the Psalms and the prophetic books to mean that before the resurrection of all flesh, God’s kingdom will be a kingdom on earth in which the Messiah will rule on David’s throne from Jerusalem. One example of this “literal” approach is the dispensational belief that the promise to Abraham was to Abraham’s physical descendants—despite clear statements to the contrary by Jesus (Mt 3:9; Lk 3:8; Jn 8:39–44) and Paul (Rom 4:16; 9:6–7; Gal 3:7–9, 13–14; 4:22–28)—and that the Jewish people will possess Canaan forever (despite Heb 11:13–16).

Premillennial, including dispensational, interpretations of the Scriptures insist that in passages in visionary and apocalyptic books that employ numbers, those numbers must be taken as literal enumerations or quantifications. The word “premillennial” comes from the “thousand years” in the well-known passage in Revelation 20. Here those who were martyred for their faith in Christ reign with him for a thousand years (the millennium) while the devil is confined to the abyss (Rev 20:1–7). “Millennial” comes from the Latin mille, “one thousand,” and annus, “year,” and the prefix “pre—” (“before”) indicates that this approach believes Christ will return right “before” this period and reign on earth during it. Insisting that the thousand years must be understood literally, not symbolically, the method goes on to apply the same hermeneutic to the visionary passages in Daniel. This is true even though proponents admit that the passages under examination are highly symbolic. For example, dispensational premillennialists admit that the beasts in Daniel’s vision (Daniel 7) are not real beasts, but represent kingdoms. The great sea (Dan 7:2) represents the nations, not a literal sea. The four winds (Dan 7:2) are not literal, since “in Daniel, wind is uniformly used to represent the sovereign power of God.” Presumably, God does not have four separate sovereign powers.

Dispensational writings contain many other cases of non-literal, symbolic interpretation of highly symbolic visions in Scripture, especially in Daniel and Revelation. Certainly no dispensationalist thinks that rivers or trees will grow hands to clap (Ps 98:8) or that hills will get voices in order to sing (Is 55:12). Nor do dispensationalists think that hills will spontaneously drip wine or have rivers of milk (Joel 4:18 [ET 3:18]; Amos 9:13). Thus the dispensational hermeneutic is quite selective in its “literal” interpretation of prophecy. Those passages that support dispensational understandings of eschatology through a “literal” interpretation are read in that way, whereas many other prophecies are not. Instead of seeking contextual reasons within a biblical book that has a prophecy or vision as to what is intended literally and what is intended figuratively, the dispensational hermeneutic seeks to interpret some portions of some prophecies for purely ideological reasons related to its view of Israel and the church, and the resulting dispensational eschatology and soteriology. Instead of affirming that Christ and his work, culminating in his cross and resurrection, are the center of the message “in all the Scriptures” (Lk 24:27), the dispensational hermeneutic of “literal interpretation” often unwittingly relegates Christ to the sidelines in order to elevate a non-scriptural distinction between Jews and Gentiles in the order of salvation and in relation to God’s kingdom."

"Summary”

“Two grave mistakes repeatedly arise in the dispensational interpretations of Daniel. One of these is primarily hermeneutical. The other is theological. The hermeneutical mistake is one of twisting the text to make it fit a preconceived eschatological timetable despite the immediate context of the words and the wider context of the book of Daniel as a whole. At times dispensational premillennialists do this by reading into the text details that are not in the text (i.e., the number of legs of the statue in Daniel 2; the “gap” before the seventieth week in Daniel 9) or that the text does not emphasize (i.e., the number of toes on the statue in Daniel 2). At other times, they insist on a reading of the text apart from its context. For example, numbered time periods are always read literally, no matter what the context, and any mention of the end times or last days is always understood as an absolute reference to the future end of the world. Another example is the resorting to a double meaning or fulfillment of the “little horn” in the prophecy of Daniel 8. This distortion of the text to fit the dispensational premillennial eschatology raises serious questions that dispensational interpreters have yet to confront.

Even more troubling is the theological mistake of dispensational interpretations of Daniel. Such interpretations constantly downplay the ministry of Christ, who brought the kingdom through his life, death, and resurrection, and who, throughout the present church age, welcomes people into God’s kingdom through repentance and faith. Daniel, properly understood, constantly points its readers to the coming of the kingdom of God in the ministry of Jesus, as well as to its consummation at his return and the resurrection. However, dispensational interpretations constantly deny the focus on the advent of the kingdom in Jesus’ ministry in order to exalt the supposedly future millennial kingdom. This, in turn, changes the focus of theology from the cross and resurrection of Christ to the glorious power of God to establish a future earthly kingdom. It clearly exchanges a theology of the cross for a theology of glory. While not denying Jesus’ death and resurrection for the sins of the world, dispensational premillennialism demotes these events to a sidelight or prelude to the “real” kingdom.

Thus for dispensational premillennialists, the kingdom of God in Daniel does not focus on forgiveness, salvation, and eternal life in Christ, but upon a future earthly kingdom of power and glory. This, of course, contradicts the clear teaching of the Bible: “the kingdom of God” does not consist of earthly things, but “of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit” (Rom 14:17). Dispensational premillennialism seeks to offer Christians the comfort of knowing a timetable for the future fulfillment of God’s plan for humanity, but it actually robs them of the sure and certain comfort of the cross and resurrection of Jesus by relegating his earthly ministry to secondary importance and removing it completely from the purview of Daniel’s prophecies."

https://ref.ly/o/concom27da/457640?length=3749 via @Logos

I have been touched dispensational view of the Olivet discourse. Kyrie eleison Christe eleison

#10 VDMA, Oct 2, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. VDMA

VDMA Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    • Like Like x 1
  12. VDMA

VDMA Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    5D03F737-90C9-4468-8873-3C137F156854.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. LaGrange

LaGrange Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Awesome! I’ve thought the exact same thing regarding the so-called literal interpretation of the Apocalypse and all the prophetic books. Great post!

14. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

I have the most difficult time trying to figure out why education is failing so many people who seem to have a lot of it. There seems to be no logical thinking and certainly no discernment, spiritual or otherwise. Reading with understanding seems to be completely lost and all these different denominations of Baptists and Presbyterians, Lutherans, and Methodists just proves that one can make the scriptures agree with anything they want them to say. When some people here claim to be the new "Jacob" from the OT because they are affiliated with one or more of these religious groups that tells them they can be what they want to be it causes my head to spin.

Then I think, these people do not get their theology from the scriptures. They pick out a few key words and build a denomination on them. Context? Nah, that doesn't matter.

I will post one example of secret rapturitis that all seems to have. I do not know where they get a secret rapture but they do. They argue against it all the time but never show where it is in the scriptures that some Bible believer has misused. I am going to give my best guess and say it is probably here; Check it out.

1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the "day of the Lord" so cometh as a thief in the night.

I wonder if these guys think the day of the Lord is the secret rapture? It is not a person who is coming, it is a "day." Rapture means "leaving" and this bad boy is "coming." There is surely a disconnect in logic somewhere among these detractors and simpletons. What in the world has the coming of the "day of the Lord" got to do with leaving in the rapture of the church of Jesus Christ? Will someone please tell me?

Does anyone here even know that the "day of the LORD" is a theme among the prophets of Israel? You know what a theme is, right. It is a subject that is continued through 1500 years of written scriptures and is dealt with by 12 different authors through those years in 17 different books of the Bible, in both the old testament as well as the new testament. It is mentioned by name 30 times in 29 verses in those books. It is mentioned twice in one of those verses. And, get this; it is always given in the future tense. All of these prophets and authors say it is coming, but the last author to mention it in the scriptures is still looking ahead for it in the future and it has not come yet.

Since it has not come yet and it is a prophetic theme, I am going to logically make a choice about this "day of the LORD" doctrine. It is either going to come in the future or God is not reliable concerning some things he has his prophets to write. You say, well, how do you know this Day of the LORD has not come? My answer is, WOW! Do you mean you have never read about this day in the scriptures? It cannot be missed if what is said about it is true.

If you ever read them, you will notice that all these writers, with the exception of the apostle Paul, paints this day of the LORD in a most dreadful and dark and vengeful way. It is a day of darkness and not light, we are told. Contrastly look at what is said about us, the church. watch this.

1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
    2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
    3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
    4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
    5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
    6 Therefore let us not sleep, as [do] others; but let us watch and be sober.
    7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
    8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
    9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
    10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Sudden destruction? Day of the LORD? Darkness and no light?
    Maybe some of you fellows need to see the character of this day of the LORD. But it would not matter to you guys who do not get your theology from the written word of God but some champion from the near past. I am going to try anyway, and I will be back later to show you something wonderful.

2 Thess 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
    2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ (Same day but concerning the church of Jesus Christ it is the day of Christ) is at hand.
    3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Here goes;

Isa 2:12 For the day of the LORD of hosts [shall be] upon every [one that is] proud and lofty, and upon every [one that is] lifted up; and he shall be brought low:
    Isa 13:6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD [is] at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
    Isa 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
    Isa 34:8 For [it is] the day of the LORD’S vengeance, [and] the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.
    Jer 46:10 For this [is] the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord GOD of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.
    La 2:22 Thou hast called as in a solemn day my terrors round about, so that in the day of the LORD’S anger none escaped nor remained: those that I have swaddled and brought up hath mine enemy consumed.
    Eze 13:5 Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.
    Eze 30:3 For the day [is] near, even the day of the LORD [is] near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen.
    Joe 1:15 Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD [is] at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.
    Joe 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for [it is] nigh at hand;
    Joe 2:11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp [is] very great: for [he is] strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD [is] great and very terrible; and who can abide it?
    Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
    Joe 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD [is] near in the valley of decision.
    Am 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end [is] it for you? the day of the LORD [is] darkness, and not light.
    Am 5:20 [Shall] not the day of the LORD [be] darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?
    Ob 1:15 For the day of the LORD [is] near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.
    Zep 1:7 Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD [is] at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.
    Zep 1:8 And it shall come to pass in the day of the LORD’S sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king’s children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel.
    Zep 1:14 The great day of the LORD [is] near, [it is] near, and hasteth greatly, [even] the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
    Zep 1:18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD’S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.
    Zep 2:2 Before the decree bring forth, [before] the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD’S anger come upon you.

Continue next

15. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Continued from above.

Zep 2:3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD’S anger.
    Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
    Mal 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
    Ac 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
    1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
    2Co 1:14 As also ye have acknowledged us in part, that we are your rejoicing, even as ye also [are] ours in the day of the Lord Jesus.
    1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
    2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall

This is what is coming as a thief! The church will not be here because we are children of the day.

16. VDMA

VDMA Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1F449295-5BF1-4CE7-AF79-E5D2B30FCBBF.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would love to hear you say that you sure would love to be here in that darkness that is the day of the Lord and that you can prove by being here that you remain a child of light, no matter what the scriptures say.

18. VDMA

VDMA Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Messing With Dispensationalists

19. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How Martin Luther would have handled his adversaries….
    "That seditious articles of doctrine should be punished by the sword needed no further proof. For the rest, the Anabaptists hold tenets relating to infant baptism, original sin, and inspiration, which have no connection with the Word of God, and are indeed opposed to it. ... Secular authorities are also bound to restrain and punish avowedly false doctrine ... For think what disaster would ensue if children were not baptized? ... Besides this the Anabaptists separate themselves from the churches ... and they set up a ministry and congregation of their own, which is also contrary to the command of God. From all this it becomes clear that the secular authorities are bound ... to inflict corporal punishment on the offenders ... Also when it is a case of only upholding some spiritual tenet, such as infant baptism, original sin, and unnecessary separation, then ... we conclude that ... the stubborn sectaries must be put to death." -Martin Luther

"My advice, as I said earlier, is: First, that their synagogues be burned down, and that all who are able toss sulphur and pitch; it would be good if someone could also throw in some hellfire...Second, that all their books-- their prayer books, their Talmudic writings, also the entire Bible-- be taken from them, not leaving them one leaf, and that these be preserved for those who may be converted...Third, that they be forbidden on pain of death to praise God, to give thanks, to pray, and to teach publicly among us and in our country...Fourth, that they be forbidden to utter the name of God within our hearing. For we cannot with a good conscience listen to this or tolerate it. The rulers must act like a good physician who, when gangrene has set in proceeds without mercy to cut, saw, and burn flesh, veins, bone, and marrow. Such a procedure must also be followed in this instance. Burn down their synagogues, forbid all that I enumerated earlier, force them to work, and deal harshly with them. If this does not help we must drive them out like mad dogs." - Martin Luther from the book "On the Jews and their Lies"

20. VDMA

VDMA Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Awe … busting out the strawman fallacies.

Not defending the writings. If you want to judge Luther through the lens of presentism go right ahead … they had anti blasphemy laws on the books. What happened to the Jews in Italy and Spain? They literally rounded up the Jews in Spain and kick the out of the country before Luther was born, etc. Luther was hardly the first one to write about the Jews. He is a good scapegoat.

The Anabaptists were a bunch of anti-Trinitarian heretics.

Catholic, Orthodox, Lutheran, Anglican (most) all adhere to amillennialism (Presbyterian have a dominant view of amillennialism followed by postmillennialism). Dispensationalism is not taught in sacred scripture or the church fathers. Dispensationalism is a humanly contrived system that has been imposed on the Bible by actors like John Nelson Darby. Millennialism has an entirely false sense of history. It makes the physical nation of Israel, not the church, the center of history.

Instead of posting strawman why not post something of real substance.

#20 VDMA, Oct 17, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2022