1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The sad case of Peter S. Ruckman

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by 37818, Dec 28, 2023.

1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Timeline of major events in the life of Peter S. Ruckman | Ruckmanism.org

"1970

Published his landmark book The Christian’s Handbook of Manuscript Evidence which taught openly and boldly that the KJV contained advanced revelations, that it was superior to the Greek, etc."

#1 37818, Dec 28, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  2. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is interesting. I came across a guy who was yelling out that people were going to burn in hell as I walked downtown Chicago. I stopped to talk with him and he said he was a KJVO. I then said the original writings are in Greek and Hebrew, to which he declared that the KJV was superior to the original. He must have been taught that. He went to Jack Hyles church in Hammond, Indiana.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you listened to the video in post #4. There are some problems that need to be addressed.

First, the word of God is the given verbal plenary God breathed words from the original words given by God. There were original written autographs, but we only have the words from them.

More . . .

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My view on Peter Ruckman is to not have a view on Peter Ruckman. As far as I know I have never read the first thing he has written and I have heard only a portion of two or three of his sermons over the years. I have heard many who have been personally aqquainted with him and his school. Some of the great missionaries and preachers I have met of our day are associated in some way with him. My personal belief that God has preserved his word in the English language is a result of my study is my own and has nothing to do with Peter Ruckman.

Having said all that, and considering who it is that criticizes the KJVO issue, I have to chuckle. People who believe John Calvin and Augustine are some of Ruckman's main critics. If there were ever more false doctrines about everything God ever said than the system of Calvinism I can't imagine what it could be. I honestly believe that every doctrine of the Bible is twisted to some degree in Calvinism, beginning with the doctrine of God.

Therefore, if these men were not the greatest critics of Bible believers, whoever they are, I would be surprised. This system does not believe a single word the Bible says and that is the reason they are not concerned with which Bible says it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother @JD731,
    KJVonlyism is a divisive issue. Dr Peter S. Ruckman was an advocate of a KJVonlyism. Divisive, so are any advocates of any different translations of the words of God.

There is a common ground to be found in our 66 Books we call our Bible.

1 Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 2:20, etc.

8. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not so sad. Good teacher, street preacher, and Bible defender. Rather caustic, but street preaching tends toward that, and he got some things wrong, like most good folks do.

• Like Like x 1