1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This Is How We'll Survive After Robots Have Taken Our Jobs

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by I Love An Atheist, Apr 24, 2018.

1. I Love An Atheist

I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This Is How We'll Survive After Robots Have Taken Our Jobs

"Automation thus shrinks employment income while growing investment income. That means that strategies for radically broadening ownership will play an extremely important role in mitigating the threat of wide-scale declines in income from technological unemployment. That’s why extending cooperatives into the technology sector is so critical and where platform co-ops can play a vital role."

Well, "platform co-ops" are one idea. Another is "universal basic income". How thoughtful of so many intellectuals and visionaries to plan ahead this way on our behalf! (sarcasm)

Elon Musk says Robots will Push Us to a Universal Basic Income—Here’s How It Would Work

"Burger flippers, truck drivers, and cashiers are going to be out of work in the coming decades, thanks to the accelerating pace of robotics and automation technology, some experts warn.

And as large swaths of the population lose their jobs, the only viable solution might be for the government to institute a universal basic income, which would mean paying every resident a fixed amount of money to cover their needs."

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember Rush Limbaugh stating that currently there is low need for buggy whips ( since the auto was
    invented) So what happened to all the buggy whip makers. They found other jobs. And likewise,
    burger flippers will find other work, possibly with new technology coming.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. it will be population control, euthanasia/eugenics in disguise.

legalized abortion (murder in disguise) was the first step euthanasia (legalized suicide in many states), eugenics to follow.
    here in WA State euthanasia is called "death with dignity" (self-murder in disguise). In Oregon "assisted suicide".
    If the recipient of the fatal dose is incapacitated or incoherent the family and/or doctor can decide.

Obamacare with "death with dignity" (genocide of the elderly "nonproductive eaters") was going to be the intro of euthanasia/eugenics.

If the "progressives" take over again in 2020 get ready for a resurgence and something called postpartum abortion (although Gorsuch will block it, so it will comedown as an executive decision).

4. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Postpartum abortion? Meaning infanticide? Do you have a link or a book?

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

There are several, here is one.

What’s Wrong With “After-Birth Abortion”?

no comment on this next URL but take a look.

FACT CHECK: The Truth About Obama’s Abortion Record

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  6. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The article about postpartum abortion is very disturbing to me as the mother of a son with ASD. In Europe, at least one country is exploring making it legal to terminate a fetus if there is some way to detect that the child may develop autism.

I could see this progressing in my child's lifetime to arguing that it is not cost effective for an adult with autism to be supported by society; therefore euthanasia is okay.

My son is becoming higher functioning over time, and he is a natural born STEM kid with something to contribute economically when he is older. In fact, he likes robots!

But that's not really the point.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Take an affliction like schizophrenia.

It strikes from teens to about 30 years old and can completely disable a person.

Cause one to be institutionalized for life.

OR ??

8. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The implications are horrendous.

9. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The insurance companies practice euthanasia. When people need very expensive treatment or have already spent too much money on trying to stay alive the insurance companies just cut them off. That happened to two of my friends. Medicaid picks up these people but Medicaid will cut people off as well. If the GOP succeeds in cutting Medicaid these people as well as the elderly in nursing homes who have outspent their savings will simply die.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes there is guilt on both sides that is why i am an independent.
    In my state of WA (and OR to the south) Assisted Suicide (AS) is legal and although it is flatly denied rumor has it that terminal elderly are given counseling for AS.

I was also a software engineer/architect contractor for several insurance companies before my retirement. i know of the green god to whom many of them bow down.

#10 HankD, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When elderly people die in a nursing home or hospital, it almost always shows up in the statistics as a heart condition -- I have heard from somebody who is a medical editor. Whatever the real reason was for death, it is just chalked up to the heart, and then the statistics are not really audited. This is what I was told by somebody who works closely to the medical literature.

12. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I program computers. "Smart" [AI that can learn] AI is bad. When somebody codes something there is a 100% chance it is not perfect. When a program crashes/abends/breaks usually you can restart the program and it only affected money/data/etc.

When a mobile AI breaks, it could run someone over, mistake someone for a shipping package and try to move them. Very bad.

Say a robot is programmed to care for the health of a patient. Visitor gives patient a knife to cut up an apple to eat. Robot logic sees knife as threat towards patient and removes visitor. Can't program common sense.

The only AI I like is the kind programmed with just enough intelligence to do basic tasks. I.E shipping packages, burger flipping, etc. I will never trust a program to drive my car, or handle security though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When a company I worked for replaced manual skilled labor with robots, the Lord gave me a knack for fixing them when they broke down. I always lived according to the Sermon on the Mount. Where He tells us to seek first his kingdom and righteousness, and he will take care of us in the same ways unbelievers devote their lives training for. To make a long story short, after a few years of taking care of their computerized robots, I began work for another company who charged $90 and hour for my services. Matthew 6:24-34

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Autopsy is mandatory in NJ so I don’t see heart failure as the primary....not as long as cancers are out there