1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is God's will behind wars ?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Mary Brown, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Mary Brown

Mary Brown New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As we can see now there are wars between Ukraine and Russi, Israel and Palestine, maybe other wars are on the way. Just as what bible prophesied :
    As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”(Matthew24:3) For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. (Matthew24:7)
    The Lord is at the door. When He comes back, as this verse told us : “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.” (Revelation 3:20) When the Lord returns in the last days, we all want to welcome and receive him, but how do we recognize Him when He comes? What do you think, my friend ?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There will be no doubt - for God's elect or the reprobates.

2 Peter 3:10-13 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, Mary.

I don't know why you jumped from Matt. 24:3 to Matt. 24;7. In the verses that you skipped, Jesus said to not be alarmed by wars and rumors of wars. He said these things will just happen.