1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's wrong with Alberto Rino Gonzales?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Jul 10, 2005.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Almost everything is wrong with Alberto Rino Gonzales if you are talking about putting him on the court. Why don't we start a list?

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

From the two minutes of news coverage I've heard about him, he is pro-choice.

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

sorry, double post.

4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, Kiffin and others have shown that el señor Don Alberto Rinoceronte Gonzales is pro-abortion. The question is, will Bush doublecross the conservatives in the GOP again the way he has on excessive spending and nominate el señor Don Alberto Rinoceronte Gonzales--The Mr. Lord Alberto Rhinoceros Gonzales?

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the current Attorney General Gonzales or someone else?

6. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I would also be afraid of Mr. Gonzales' view on the Constitution, he is on the record as stating that he believes it is a living document and that only the nine members of the SCOTUS have the ability to understand and interpret it. He also has connections with La Raza, which should be of some concern.

7. OldRegular

For those of us who are not sure tell us what La Raza is and then provide evidence of his connection.

8. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

9. OldRegular

JGrubbs

Thanks.

If Bush picks a Latino I hope its Miguel Estrada who withdrew his name from nomination to the Circuit Court rather than kneel to the dems.

10. JamesBell

JamesBell New Member

Estrada would be great, but there is next to no chance. He removed his name because the dems were going to filibuster him until the Rapture if they needed to.

My favorite candidate is someone that happens to be Hispanic, but that has nothing to do with why I like the man. I support Emilio Garza, a constructionalist that won't let stupid political stunts get in the way of his legal decisions.

As for what is wrong with Gonzales... he would have voted for the recent Emminent Domain decision, which shows me he has no business on the Court.

11. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I agree, Miguel Estrada would be a good choice, based on what I know about him. While I have seen his name mentioned, I don't know anything about Emilio Garza. La Raza was opposed to Estrada on the same issues that they support Gonzales, racial profiling, immigration policy and "workers rights".

From what I can tell, I think Janice Rogers Brown would make a good justice on the SCOTUS!

Here are some short bios for some of the possible nominees:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/01/AR2005070100756.html

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bush liked Miguel Estrada but that is another case that drives me nuts. Estrada is a Democrat that Clinton left as unfinished business. I don't know why a GOP President should take up the cause of a Democrat, do you? I wouldn't. I would say to Estrada, well, you are a nice guy and would be a good judge, etc, etc, etc, but you have to sit it out until your party gets back into power which I hope is never.

13. JamesBell

JamesBell New Member

Funny thing, I could care less what party a judge belongs to. They aren't supposed to be setting policy. If they understand that, and are willing to rule using the laws of our nation, they can serve and do well.

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, there is no point for the Republican Party after 70 years of Democrat lies to go around appointing Democrat judges. When are the Democrats going to turn states evidence on FDR and tell the truth on Herbert Hoover? The Democrats have been in the smear business since FDR and 1932. They ruled for 70 years. They support abortion. They belong in the garbage can of history.