1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which figure in bible you like most ?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Mary Brown, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Mary Brown

Mary Brown New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which figure in bible you like most ?
    My favorite one is Noah. Noah listened to God's words, and he built the Ark by hands, in Noah's Time, there was no electricity nor any machines, trucks... He overcame incredible difficulties to find the materials that God wants. And he never gave up no matter how much sarcasm and complaint. In his heart, God's word is above everything, he only listened to God's word. What about you, my friend ?

• Like Like x 5
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joseph, for many of the same reasons.

I see in him many characteristics that I need to nurture.

I don’t think I would have be able to thrive if placed in a similar situation.

Rob

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are many colorful examples in the Bible to chose from but the one that stands out to me from all the rest is the Apostle Paul... Being not of the twelve it is said that 14 of the twenty seven epistles were written by Paul but only seven can be authenticated... Why would God chose Paul who was not a chosen Apostle to go to the Gentiles?... His story is our story as we all have our Damascus Road... No one call tell me the Apostle Paul did not know God, he thought he was serving him... Why would Saul say... Who art thou Lord?... He knew the law and he served the God of his Fathers but he never knew the Lord's Christ until he met him face to face... Then he was ready to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ although before a blameless law keeper... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mod Note: I moved this to "Other Discussion". This question from the OP would appeal to all, including non-Baptists.

Carry on....

• Like Like x 2
  5. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christs my favorite! AlSo like Stephen for his courage in proclamation of Christ and Nichodemius (sp?) for his willingness to face Christ directly with some serious questions. Then in the Old Testament, Abraham and David because both had a sincere heart for the lord. That’s my short list! :Wink:Thumbsup

7. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Barnabas, the "son of consolation." He mentored Saul into Paul. I believe that there would be no Apostle Paul without Barnabas, though of course God could have chosen someone else for that very difficult task--but then He did not!

• Like Like x 1
  8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A favorite example of mine is Nathanael and the praise he got from the Lord:

47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile! Jn 1

Synchs with:

29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. Ro 2

• Like Like x 1
  9. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus, God The Father, Holy Spirit.
    After that, David.

10. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like Daniel. If no other book had been written, you could still know of the need for a Redeemer and the promise he brings. You could know that the King of Kings wins and rules over all.

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus....of course. I've attended Sunday School.

But I think that's granted of us all.

I like Gideon. He is the perfect example of God working through men, often despite the men He is working through.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zactly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thing about Gideon is that he didn't finish well.
    God certainly used a weak man who grew into faith and his obedience to God is to be commended.

His end of life is marked by a man who ultimately tried to create a kingdom for his family and God destroyed it.

14. Roy Kling

Roy Kling Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So many admirable people to chose from. I'll have to do an old and a new testament figure.

David, David had many faults as do I, however he is unsurpast as a Psalmist and praiser of God. He, more than any other king of Israel followed God's desire and commandments. David above all Israel's other kings did seek out and destroy the idol worship in the high places. Some later kings put forth some effort, but lacked David's completeness in the matter.

So many in the New Testament also! Paul, John, but wait, I just remembered. The Centurion! The Centurion who's belief was so strong he needed not the Lord to go to his house to heal his servant, but the Lord's word alone he trusted. And it was so.

• Like Like x 3