1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Whose I Am, and Whom I Serve."

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KenH, Jan 10, 2023.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Whose I am, and whom I serve."—Acts of the Apostles 27:23.

If, in a view of covenant relationship, thou canst say with Paul, concerning Jesus, "whose I am;" do thou next search after the love-tokens of thine own heart, in covenant engagements also, and, see whether thou canst adopt Paul's language in the other particular, and say as he did, "whom I serve." Is Jesus the one only object of thy love? Did he give himself for thee; and hath he by his Holy Spirit enabled thee to give thyself unto him? Hast thou given thyself to him, and given thyself for him, and art thou willing to part with every thing for the promotion of his glory? Depend upon it, the real confidence of the soul can only be found in faith's enjoyment of these things. My soul! drop not into the arms of sleep before thou hast brought this point to a decision. No storm of the night, no tempest without, will alarm, while Jesus, by his Holy Spirit, speaks peace within. If Jesus be thine, then all is thine; and as thou art his, every promise is made over to thee with him, whose thou art, and whom thou dost serve. Sweet promise to lie down with on the bed of night, or the bed of death: "My people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18.

- excerpt from Robert Hawker's The Poor Man's Morning and Evening Portions, January 10, Evening

• Like Like x 1