• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Recent content by Novelist

  1. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    Hey Cathode, with all of your posts it seems like you are trying to convince yourself that you are right instead of anyone else.;)
  2. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    Yes I know that. I was just being clever.
  3. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    Bible "aloners" as you call them do not disagree on what the Bible says. I have been involved in several Baptist churches and I don't remember any disagreements between the members of scripture meanings. Do you have any personal experience with Bible aloners in order to make your claim? Yes...
  4. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    Who am I? I'm just a sinner saved by grace through Christ. As for those other books of Bible; if they were divinely inspired, they would be in all the bibles, not just a select few, like the Catholic Bible.
  5. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    God did not inspire those extra books.
  6. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    Catholics believe that the Bible contains 73 books when in actuality, it contains 66 books.
  7. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    I have had positive scriptural and grace experiences in Baptist churches, but not in a Catholic church, so that is not a shame. What is a shame is that most Catholics, at least the many I have talked to don't even know how to be saved. They believe that by going to church, taking communion...
  8. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    Come on now. You know what I mean. You really offend me by saying that I sound like I have a works based salvation. That couldn't be farther from the truth. Salvation is by grace through faith and not of works. That is what I believe. Catholics, though believe in certain works being necessary...
  9. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    I'm sorry, but there is no way I can be "engaged" in something that is utterly nonsense. Yes, every Mess has a scripture reading, and like I said before, I take my Bible so that I can read along, but what good does it do when no one is reading along or with no preacher to expound upon the...
  10. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    Well good for him. I have had no similar experience at a Catholic Mess.
  11. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    Yes, there are 3 or 4 verses read, yet no one in attendance has a Bible with them to read along (except me.) I have heard no scripture being read in any liturgy or at any other time during the Mess.
  12. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    If the Catholics are so into the Bible as you claim, then why am I the only person in the whole building who brings a Bible when I attend an occasional Catholic Mess with my GF, who is Catholic. I have had several recent discussions with various Catholic folks who know very little about what is...
  13. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    You are correct. No Protestant aided in its construction. It was the Baptists who aided in its construction long before there were any Catholics around.
  14. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    But they definitely could have been saved IF they followed the true plan of salvation written in the gospels and not some made up Catholic tradition and the so called sacraments for their salvation.
  15. N

    Just Wondering? Do you think Catholic Priests Are Saved?

    About as opened minded as you are.
Top