sister christian
Member
I grew up KJVO...have since been in many other churches that use other versions and have never been quite comfortable with them. I thought that the NKJV was a nice translation- quite close to the KJV but just updated enough so that I could use it when talking to others that would be put off by Elizabethan English.
Well, I came across 2 Tim 2:15 in the NKJV and it reads:
Be diligent to present yourself approved unto God a workman that does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.
Why change the word study? I thought all the NKJV did was to get rid of all the thees and the thous and the withersoever thou goest's?
Changing the word "study" to the phrase "be diligent" IMHO changes the whole meaning of this verse.
Well, I came across 2 Tim 2:15 in the NKJV and it reads:
Be diligent to present yourself approved unto God a workman that does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.
Why change the word study? I thought all the NKJV did was to get rid of all the thees and the thous and the withersoever thou goest's?
Changing the word "study" to the phrase "be diligent" IMHO changes the whole meaning of this verse.