• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A yard sale!

Salty

20,000 Posts Club
Administrator
About a week and half ago, one of our church members said he was having a yard sale. Without thinking, I asked if I could bring some things over to sell - he agreed (actually Dave agrees with everything I ask!)

Well, I did show up today - and I sold a few items but more importantly, we had the opportunity to invite several folks to church. There were some promising conversations. I recorded the name of each of the individuals/families. Will be praying specifically for each of these.
 

Deacon

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
My previous church had a philosophy developed when someone asked, "If your church suddenly disappeared today, would your community notice?"

Since then, whenever anyone asked to use our facilities, the answer was usually, "Yes!"

So many different groups, including Boy Scouts, Local HS Cheer Leader teams, Motor Cycle Clubs, AA groups, a Korean-Language Church community, various Home-Schooling groups, Police Bomb Squad training, a Revolutionary Parade squad, and many others.

The church facilities did not sit empty during the weekdays.

Rob
 
Top