Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
Real fundamentalists haven't!Originally posted by El_Guero:
What I meant was: When did fundamentalists start using the NIV?
You probably ought to join the church in Mt. Vernon which has planted about two churches per year since it started just about four years ago. In fact they have started one in your area. They are not related to Rick Warren and are bold and excited about serving God. What God is doing in and through them is incredible. But if you do come get ready to work. Lazy people don't stay. There is too much excitement for someone to feel comfortable being lazy and be a complainer.Originally posted by webdavis:
Ind & Fund Baptist here in WA state. I have searched the churches in W. WA to find those who have not been tricked by the Rick Warren movement. Let me know if you need help finding one.
Contrary to the belief of some (please see the CAT of Truth Thread at the top of the forum.), the fundamentalist view of Bibliology is not based on the KJVO position.Originally posted by Bob Colgan:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Squire Robertsson:
To borrow a label from late nineteenth century U.S. politics: </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />This is not the forum to wave the bloody flag of KJVOism.
Oh no, not the dreaded kibbosh! BTW, what is a kibbosh anyway?Originally posted by Squire Robertsson:
But, I'll put the kibbosh on posts from either side that seek to turn this thread into a Versions\Translations thread.
Oh no, not the dreaded kibbosh! BTW, what is a kibbosh anyway?Originally posted by Squire Robertsson:
But, I'll put the kibbosh on posts from either side that seek to turn this thread into a Versions\Translations thread.
Oh no, not the dreaded kibbosh! BTW, what is a kibbosh anyway? </font>[/QUOTE]It's the typical abuse of power that the mods here love to display.Originally posted by Terry_Herrington:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Squire Robertsson:
But, I'll put the kibbosh on posts from either side that seek to turn this thread into a Versions\Translations thread.
Oh no, not the dreaded kibbosh! BTW, what is a kibbosh anyway? </font>[/QUOTE]It's the typical abuse of power that the mods here love to display. </font>[/QUOTE]You know I thought it was just me, I'm some what new but I thought these moderators are on a power trip. They close down boards are threaten to as far as I can tell many times because they disagree with the doctrine. If your not a KJVO fine but let people talk about it debate it if it gets dirty then close it down. Get over yourself I' going to go eat dinner I think my wife made "KIBBOSH" should be good.Originally posted by Jim Ward:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Terry_Herrington:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Squire Robertsson:
But, I'll put the kibbosh on posts from either side that seek to turn this thread into a Versions\Translations thread.
Oh no, not the dreaded kibbosh! BTW, what is a kibbosh anyway? </font>[/QUOTE]It's the typical abuse of power that the mods here love to display. </font>[/QUOTE]You know I thought it was just me, I'm some what new but I thought these moderators are on a power trip. They close down boards are threaten to as far as I can tell many times because they disagree with the doctrine. If your not a KJVO fine but let people talk about it debate it if it gets dirty then close it down. Get over yourself I' going to go eat dinner I think my wife made "KIBBOSH" should be good.Originally posted by Bob Colgan:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Ward:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Terry_Herrington:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Squire Robertsson:
But, I'll put the kibbosh on posts from either side that seek to turn this thread into a Versions\Translations thread.