• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All Fundamental/Independant, KJVO, Premillenial, non-Calvinistic, Baptists post here!

Jim Ward

New Member
Larry, I just happen to believe:

"BaptistBoard.com is a free discussion forum for the Baptist community.
We believe that open and honest exchange of ideas can be beneficial to all participants."

Something that a certain segment of this board clearly doesn't believe.

Nice try though. I'll give you a C for the effort.


Jim
 

Pastor Larry

<b>Moderator</b>
Site Supporter
Actually, all of us here believe that. There is a forum for the open and honest exchange about Bible versions. You have been told to use that.

The fact remains that you have reneged on your word by doing the things you agreed not to do when you joined the board. That is a lack of integrity on your part. You have been clearly instructed to use the Bible Versions forum for the "free and open exchange." You have been clearly told that this is not the forum for it. Abide by those regulations, as well as the other regulations of hte board, and you will have no trouble here.
 

go2church

Active Member
Site Supporter
I sometimes wander "Why did I leave the IFB movement?" then I read the nonsense in this forum and I remember..."Oh yeah that's why!"
 

NaasPreacher (C4K)

Well-Known Member
The issue is simple here - if you can't understand the position of the moderators then perhaps there is a place where you can. With nearly 5000 active memberships I don't think the loss of one is going to close this board.

Your attacks on the moderating policies are not going to change them. Your personal attacks on the moderators, only speaking for myself of course, are not going to change them.

If you had attacked others like you have attacked the moderators I would have snipped your posts.
 

Su Wei

Active Member
Site Supporter
As a KJVO, it sounded like a happy fellowship thread right up till the fourth post where it turned ugly. Am i missing something here?

Hello, blazin! I'm signing up!
wave.gif
(But i don't think i;m protestant.)

You're writing from india?
 

Jim Ward

New Member
Originally posted by C4K:
The issue is simple here - if you can't understand the position of the moderators then perhaps there is a place where you can. With nearly 5000 active memberships I don't think the loss of one is going to close this board.

Your attacks on the moderating policies are not going to change them. Your personal attacks on the moderators, only speaking for myself of course, are not going to change them.

If you had attacked others like you have attacked the moderators I would have snipped your posts.
Attacks?
laugh.gif
Thats a rich one.

I can't even give you an F for that effort. That deserves an I for incomplete at best.
 

Jim Ward

New Member
Originally posted by Su Wei:
As a KJVO, it sounded like a happy fellowship thread right up till the fourth post where it turned ugly. Am i missing something here?

Hello, blazin! I'm signing up!
wave.gif
(But i don't think i;m protestant.)

You're writing from india?
And notice what the beleifs are of the one who made that fourth post. Mvers are not happy when truth is being discussed and seek to cause disruption at any and all costs. As we have seen made evident in this thread. Just srick to their narrow view of open and honest discussion and all is fine.


Jim
 

superdave

New Member
Looks like someone did not have an enjoyable vacation, but rather allowed a root of bitterness to spring up.

I think a few were just pointing out the oxymoronic qualities of the thread seens how the KJVO position is neither Historic, or Fundamental. And it could only be considered Baptistic if your idea of authority comes not from scripture but by sucking answers out of your thumb. But don't get me wrong, your correct in being premillenial :D

Besides, if you actually read the KJV, and accepted its teachings, clearly you would have no problem with being a Calvinist in the true sense of the word, meaning, actually believing what Calvin wrote instead of the hogwash that is now opined about what his position was.

Y'all ought to thank your lucky stars, or whoever &lt;snipped by moderator&gt; that I'm not a moderator on any forum, since I believe in confronting error, and I don't think this thread should even still be open as obvious of a ridiculous troll it is.

[ September 20, 2004, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]
 

Bob Colgan

New Member
Dave'
You say "Y'all ought to thank your lucky stars,
or whoever it is you actually worship."

Who do you think you are? To question someones Salvation to question someones walk with the Lord that you don't even know. You talk about arrogant self elevating pride well you just showed it. You know what your comment is a discrace, if any thing that is said should be cut off its your self rightous comment.

Bob C
 
D

dianetavegia

Guest
Originally posted by Jim Ward:


No Bob it's not just you. In fact, before I had my membership suspended and then took a vacation from here, there were several complaining baout the abuse. I remember pointing it out and the clear bias of ALL the moderators, at that time, against the Bible believers view. The result? I got suspended, which only serves to prove that the accusations were true. And since I am again pointing it out, I expect to either be suspended or removed for good, since I am now "touching the lord's annointed."


Jim
Jim, you've had a number of moderators warn you only today to stop your personal attacks on board members and moderators.

As an Administrator, I am giving you a formal warning that these attacks are to stop now.

Diane
 

Squire Robertsson

Administrator
Administrator
Originally posted by Squire Robertsson:
SNIP
Keith Robertsson (who still has his newsletters from the Dean Burgeon Society in the Files and whose copy of Revision Revised has pride of place in his library.)
Methinks the implication of this statement flew right over some heads. Such a statement means I am basicly a supporter of the Textus Receptus. It further means I take a dim view of men who seek to apply "modern" (read evolutionary) scientific techniques to textual study. That is not to say there is not a place for a rigourous systematic study of the matter. I do say we must needs examine our presupositions before comencing such a study. I would think that these positions hardly make me a "MVer".
 

gb93433

Active Member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Jim Ward:
Mvers are not happy when truth is being discussed and seek to cause disruption at any and all costs. As we have seen made evident in this thread. Just srick to their narrow view of open and honest discussion and all is fine.

Jim
And you have all the truth? Welcome God.
 

superdave

New Member
Who do you think you are? To question someones Salvation to question someones walk with the Lord that you don't even know. You talk about arrogant self elevating pride well you just showed it. You know what your comment is a discrace, if any thing that is said should be cut off its your self rightous comment.
I don't think you interpreted my statement correctly, I did not question anyone's salvation specifically, did I hit a nerve with you for some reason? nor did I talk about arrogant self elevating pride, perhaps that is the Spirit speaking through your conscience convicting you of that and you are confusing IT with me (Intentional use of the KJV pronoun for the Spirit so you can follow me) What I posted is far less of a problem than most of this thread, I have seen your posts in the past Bob, get off your high horse. Your response to a simple attempt to fire up anough venom to get the thread closed is exactly what I was hoping for. It reminds me of a verse. Something about "Lord I thank thee that I am not a sinner such as this publican"

This thread epitomizes several things that this Board in the past has tried not to be, and it really pains me to see it.


I am trying to get the thread closed, how extreme do I have to get.

Some poor moderator please help me out here.
 

superdave

New Member
Methinks the implication of this statement flew right over some heads. Such a statement means I am basicly a supporter of the Textus Receptus. It further means I take a dim view of men who seek to apply "modern" (read evolutionary) scientific techniques to textual study. That is not to say there is not a place for a rigourous systematic study of the matter. I do say we must needs examine our presupositions before comencing such a study. I would think that these positions hardly make me a "MVer".
Us closet KJVOP's got to stick together ;)
 

Bob Colgan

New Member
Dave,
You said "whoever it is that you actually worship." What your implying is that this person may worship someone else. If thats true then that person can't be a Christian. Yea I interperted correctley, I may be pridfull at times. But never pridfull enof to judge someones salvation over a doctrine that is a in house debate, just because I disagree with them.
Good luck super. I'm done here

Bob C
 
Originally posted by superdave:
Y'all ought to thank your lucky stars, or whoever it is you actually worship that I'm not a moderator on any forum, since I believe in confronting error, and I don't think this thread should even still be open as obvious of a ridiculous troll it is.
If this is so, why do you post here, why not just ignore it?

Also, is it within the rules of this board to question the salvation of another member. You know, like when you said, "Y'all ought to thank your lucky stars, or whoever it is you actually worship ..." This clearly implies that Jim does not worship God, thus judging him an unbeliever.
 

Su Wei

Active Member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Blazin4Christ:
i'll make clear now that KJVOism I am not trying to add to fundamental beliefs, I am simply asking people who are fundamentals that are also KJVO to post here
thats all
now, i'd like to remind everyone, this is the purpose of the topic starter. How did everything degenerate into "waving the bloody flag of KJVOism"????

tear.gif


There are people here who have no history of the bitterness there is here against KJVOs. I think Blazin' is in a blur right now as to why things turned so ugly just because he asked to know who out there are like him/herself!

I've said it before, i'll say it again, the whole tone of the thread turned at the fourth post and it really needn't have. Too over- zealous not to have trouble that it happened!, so much because of that over-zealousness!

Can we all ALL look deep within ourselves and ask the Lord to help us see our faults, and repent and make right?

Another question... Does this board welcome KJVO Baptists or not???

I am truly saddened by this thread.
tear.gif
 
Top