1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Andromeda Galaxy

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by 37818, Aug 13, 2023.

1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now that depends on how one knows anything.

2. SavedByTheLord

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well the scientific method requires evidence in the form of observations

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your personal observation or someone else's.

4. SavedByTheLord

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I love the scripture that you used.

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: - 1 Cor 15:1-4

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Rom 1:16

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. - Acts 16:30-31

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. - Eph 2:8-9

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; - Rom 3:22-25

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, - Eph 1:13

Jesus Christ said "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." - John 6:47

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know you OEC people get me... How many stars are in the Andromeda Galaxy?... 1 Trillion... That what its made of isn't it?... I just go to scripture and it tells me... Now did it take billions of years?

Genesis 1: 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Genesis 1: 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Get your head out of the science books and read your Bible... Brother Glen:)

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The distances are measured in the distance it takes created light to travel in years.

The Andromeda Galaxy is only measured to be 2.48 million light years away. Now our six Earth days, measured from Adam, assuming no gaps, Adam to Jesus, 6000 plus years ago.

You have to take Genesis 1:16 literally. I mean literally. ". . . And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: [ he made ] the stars also. . . ."
    Two lights. We know those lights are our Sun and Moon. They became lights on the fourth day. They, the Sun, Moon, day and night with the stars had already been made prior to the fourth day. And even if they, less the day and night, needed to be made on the fourth day, God could have did that on that day as YEC supposed too. God for the distant stars could create their actual distance and their actual eons of time. Hebrews 1:2.

I believe in the literal Genesis account. God has no beginning. Psalms 90:2.

#26 37818, Sep 4, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2023
  7. SavedByTheLord

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually, the sun, moon and all the stars were made on the 4th day .

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were does God say that.

9. SavedByTheLord

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
    15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
    16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
    17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
    18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
    Genesis 1:14-18

10. SavedByTheLord

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sorry, forgot verse 19
    19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. Gen 1:19

11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many lights? "God made two great lights.". And the "he made" is the translator add. Not in the Hebrew.

12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at issue.

13. SavedByTheLord

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now that is just denying the facts.
    All translations have have “he made the stars also”
    But without “he made” it would just read “the stars also” which at first glance makes no sense except it would be referenced to “God made”

14. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    FYI. God explains He gave the Sun and Moon to be lights, Jeremiah 31:35, ". . . Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, . . ."

15. SavedByTheLord

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One other point is important to understand. God wrote the following 2 times with his own finger and said it with his own mouth

For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. - Exodus 20:11

God also spoke the following words

It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. - Exodus 31:17

16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not true.
    https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/8165
    Verse 16, And God made the two great luminaries: the great luminary to rule the day and the lesser luminary to rule the night, and the stars.

17. SavedByTheLord

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Has nothing to do with when they were created

God created the sun, moon and all the stars on the 4th day about 6000 years ago.
    You are being deceived by the deceived and deceiving “scientists”

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. - 2 Tim 3:1,13

20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
    21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen. - 1 Tim 6:20-21

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. SavedByTheLord

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And the phrase “and the stars” must be referring to “God made” else it makes no sense

19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at issue. Genesis 1:3-Genesis 2:3.

20. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does not say Sun and Moon regarding that day until Jeremiah 31:35.