1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Answer me this

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Aug 4, 2023.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jer 3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

How did Israel commit adultery?

Did the woman commit adultery in the same manner by eating the fruit?

Was the purpose of the woman, the Christ? Consider Gal 4:4 and when the fulness of time did come, God sent forth His Son, come of a woman, come under law, & Matt 1:19 And of Jesus Christ, the birth was thus: For his mother Mary having been betrothed to Joseph, before their coming together she was found to have conceived from the Holy Spirit, & Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

So -- the way of an adulterous woman, She hath eaten and hath wiped her mouth, And hath said, 'I have not done iniquity.' Prov 30:20

And the woman seeth that the tree is good for food, and that it is pleasant to the eyes, and the tree is desirable to make one wise, and she taketh of its fruit and eateth, and giveth also to her husband with her, and he doth eat; and the eyes of them both are opened, and they know that they are naked, and they sew fig-leaves, and make to themselves girdles. Gen 3:6,7

As I said just thoughts that come to mind.

2. Steve Widdows

Steve Widdows New Member

Faith:
    Baptist