• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any of your Children go to Awana?

KobrinFamily

New Member
My older boys go too Awana at our Church and they love it!! My middle guy who is 4 has already finished his first year book and earned all his "C" badges already...He has done so well also for haveing ADHD he is doing so good!!! My older boy is in Sparks and so for he has earned 4 jewles he has been working really hard as well, I am super proud of them as they have had a ruff year getting used too there Medacations and emotions...Still lots of work ahead of us but we will get threw it!! I can not wait too see what else they will do this year!!


:godisgood:
 

annsni

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
We don't have Awana at our church but I know other churches that do and it's a great program. :)
 

Scarlett O.

Moderator
Moderator
We have AWANA at our church on Sunday nights before the service. It takes a tremendous committment from all the adults who work in it and I appreciate them very much.

It's a wonderful program. I just can't imagine any other thing better than getting children into the Word of God.
 

abcgrad94

Active Member
Thanks Scarlett, and sorry for my dreadful grasp of "American English"! :laugh:

You have a fine grasp on English, brother, and you'd have no way of knowing what AWANA was unless you'd heard about it before. It must be very confusing for you sometimes, with all of our Americanisms. I visited a UK gardening site once and felt I had entered a foreign country because for the life of me, I didn't know what marrows or courgettes were!:laugh:
 

KobrinFamily

New Member
I couldent aggree more the boys have opend up so much sence they have started there leaders are wonderful!!

This is alittle older picture of my older kids http://www.flickr.com/photos/kobrinfamily/6775859244/in/set-72157628359590887

Im just glad there is a bus that picks them up and Hubby gos with for Wed night service and I stay home with the little one....And just too think when they first started too go he was not sure if it was a good thing? And now he is super thankful I singed them up!

:thumbs:
 

Salty

20,000 Posts Club
Administrator
David,
Why not consider AWANA for your church. It is a great program.

I started as a child in Club 177 (they are now into 5 digit charter numbers!) yes, it was a long time ago!.

My kids went to AWANA when I was stationed in Germany, and then we started a club when we got to Texas.
 

thomas15

Well-Known Member
I came to Christ in my college days so it wasn't until I associated with a Baptist church as an adult that I became aware of AWANA. Both of my kids went through it and were saved in Cubbies.

I was director of our Pioneers club for about 10 years and the really neat thing about AWANA is it is good for the adults as well as kids. There are regional training get togethers and different levels of certification for adult workers which really get you to memorize Scripture. AWANA is also good to use to get familys to attend your Sunday services. The kids attend, have fun then finally the family starts going to church.
 
Top