1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Bible, sole authority?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ntchristian, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this from a Commentary?

2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You do not know the power of God. God can do anything to any one of His creations at any time. Good grief, where do you get such nonsense, is that the kind of stuff the Baptist faith tradition is teaching these days?

3. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is clear you do not know the history of the bible as we know it. It was the original renegade, Martin Luther, who took certain books out of the Bible to conform to his new theology.

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there are things not even God can do, as they would be against his very nature and attributes, such as just saying a sinner is now saved without the Cross of Christ provided Him the very basis to do that!

5. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are another one who is ignorant of the Christian church's history. Study the Early Fathers of the Church, you just might learn something.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The inspired books were the 66 of canon, no more or no less!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Things that not even God can do? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my entire 63 years of life bar none. He could destroy this world and everyone in it in a millisecond! Do you doubt that too?

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, as He swore already not to do that!

9. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are a fool if you really believe you can determine what God can or cannot do based on words in a book. He could bring you before himself and tell you that he has revised the whole thing - are you saying He can't do that either?

10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bible, sole authority?

Spell it SOUL and we can take it from there.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, as He swore that His word was and is eternal!

12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What those Fathers wrote are not the inerrant word of God.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While some of them had sound doctrines, others did not, as they proved the truth that just as Paul stated, that wolves were coming into the Church even back then to try to destroy the one true faith!

14. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, it is a battle against the Beast of Rome that has 7 heads and 10 horns and a NAME of blasphemy on his 7 heads, and one of his 7 heads MUST be and will be wounded mortally.

Revelation 16:v. 13-16
    13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the MOUTH of the Dragon,

and out of the MOUTH of the Beast,
    and out of the MOUTH of the false prophet. (these three are a trinity of Satan, a satanic trinity)

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles (REVELATION 13:v.13-14), which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great Day of God Almighty. (the Lord's Day)

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

A WARNING
    15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Well, you said "Rome was forced to add bogus Scriptures", in fact it was a strategy of Devil for sowing his satanic tares among the Christian people . As I said in another post before, the demons added their
    horrible and fictious figures in the Lord's book, a mix of idolatry and sorcery, to confuse the people and mislead them by the enchantment own of the old Serpent, the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world.

Paul Apostle said: "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty (about the things God have said), so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 2Corinthians 11: v.3

Woe of the idolaters. Woe of the sorcerers. Woe of the world of the Devil with his devilish idolater religions , and sects, false Christinanty, and all kind of evil doers. The wrath of God will fall upon all in this corrent time, there will be great punishments, only and only punishments, - the God's order is to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will - Revelation 11:v.6. This is already running.

God bless

15. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you reject what they have to say, it's no wonder you are so messed up. Placing all your bets on the teachings of John Smyth is not the basis for the complete understanding of Christianity.

16. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are right . You are right. The Word of God is eternal as you know, in fact it is from everlasting to everlasting. Here there is a great mystery, a profound mystery, in which I have meditate and meditate, and I remain thinking, and thinking, and thinking, and the great mystery is this: The Word is God, yeah, the Word is God. To me it is very very profound to understand. Oh the Word is God, how deep this is.

Around two thousand years ago John the Apostle revealed, saying:

1John 5:v.7 - There are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word(the Word made flesh), and the Holy Spirit: and these three are One.

And JESUS said: Mat.11:v.27 - 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal Him.

JESUS said also about the righteous Judgments of God, the Word is God:

21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the Day of Judgment(the Lord's Day), than for you. ---> By the way, this Day has arrived, that is the seventh and last Day or seventh and last millennium.

23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

May our LORD God bless us, and keep us, and give us His protection until the day 1.335

Amen

17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem sure you are not a one who is messed up in your understanding.

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would rather base my position on position of the scriptures, and not also on traditions of men!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So why then do you follow the lead of one man who arose in the late 16th and early 17th century?

20. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You assume.