NaasPreacher (C4K)
Well-Known Member
Isn't it interesting that every time this debate comes Canadians say how satisfied are with their health care and Americans tell them how rotten it is?
Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
Isn't it interesting that every time this debate comes Canadians say how satisfied are with their health care and Americans tell them how rotten it is?
This is just not factual. There has been posted source after source from Canada about the severe problems with health care in Canada. Your post ignores that fact.
Your are quite right.I had a different take on this.
When I hear someone who works for a government talk about "re-structuring" and "re-tooling," I usually conclude that they are seeking an increase in funding.
I don't say that to impugn their character; I think sometimes they really do think the answer is more money.
So my opinion...this probably isn't as big a story as I wish it was...because it's more about one fella asking for more funds than anything else.
Didn't you know that Americans believe only what Americans are told. American propaganda is prime time truth. Who would dare to believe otherwise. That is why most Canadians enjoy the Rick Mercer show.You cannot be this ignorant; you just won't admit you are wrong. You accept what "articles" say but ignore what members here who live in Canada say.
I have lived in 8 provinces and never had to wait for medical services, and the only province I had to pay was Alberta when physician services cost $5.00 per month for insurance and hospital fees were $1.00 per day!
I have been through 4 strokes and never spent a penny nor waited for services. The only place I had difficulty was in the USA and I had to catch a flight back to Canada for treatment. Even the insurance plan I had didn't cover me..then, it was American based.
If you don't like Canada, stay home. We don't want you here.
Canadas opinon of it's health care, there are apparently things not every canadian knows about it, and what they don't know is it ain't working.
What was the difficulty? Did you need emergency treatment? We give that to anyone, regardless if they are here legally or not. Your American-based insurance plan....did it specify that the treatment was to be only in Canada, or did it pay for care in foreign countries? Just because it was an American company doesn't mean you are covered in the U.S.A. I am sorry you had a problem. But the main question is....why does it make it my problem and why should I pay for it?
Your question would be like asking how many American doctors when speaking of the American Medical Association.
Isn't it interesting that every time this debate comes Canadians say how satisfied are with their health care and Americans tell them how rotten it is?
You cannot be this ignorant; you just won't admit you are wrong. You accept what "articles" say but ignore what members here who live in Canada say.
Well let's take a look at that. I have never had any problems with our health care. It has always been the epitome of perfect for me and my family. Now would you say that disproves any criticism of American Health care?
Don't worry, in a recent poll 72% of American's said they favor a public option but these same people tell us the majority don't want it. No one disputes we need reform but these same people tell us we have the greatest system in the world. Ranked 37 but the greatest just the same.
Look again. 32% Favor Single-Payer Health Care, 57% Oppose In case there is question "single payer" = "public option"
Rasmussen polls Aug 10, 2009.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...9/32_favor_single_payer_health_care_57_oppose:smilewinkgrin:
Isn't it interesting that every time this debate comes Canadians say how satisfied are with their health care and Americans tell them how rotten it is?
Look again. 32% Favor Single-Payer Health Care, 57% Oppose In case there is question "single payer" = "public option"
Rasmussen polls Aug 10, 2009.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...9/32_favor_single_payer_health_care_57_oppose:smilewinkgrin:
Sigh...
I expect some ignorant responses from some folks, but I'd expect YOU would at least read the article.
The O/P is not an American source.
I see he is still peddling that debunked number