1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cancers have become ‘turbo cancers’. Why?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wingman68, Sep 23, 2023.

1. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    His point is covid didn't kill them. Something else did, while they may have also had covid. But covid wasn't the killer--the something else was--thus they died with, but not from, covid. That is his point. Correct me if I misunderstood, Wingman.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That doesn't make sense.

Several I know of died directly from issues caused by coronavirus disease due to the SARS-COV-2 virus.

I do not understand how somebody can say a 40 year old man who suffered from coronavirus disease that caused pneumonia did not die from the disease. That does not make sense.

And a young girl who got COVID which caused a lung issue resulting in a stroke...how is that not due to the disease?

3. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well you see, that's the thing. We don't know. How can we trust the medical establishment after what we've been through?

Maybe someone did die, not just with covid, but also from the effects of covid. We can't be sure anymore.

My son-in-law rode with an ambulance during that time, to pick up dead bodies from homes. Turned out a young man had shot himself, killed himself. The doctor wrote it up as covid. So did the guy get depressed from having covid and killed himself? If he did (I don't know), he still died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, not from covid itself.

So we really don't know how many died with it, as opposed to dying from it. We can maybe know the ones that we knew personally, but statistically, I don't see how we can ever know, unless some doctors start confessing, and that won't happen.

4. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may recall, at the height of "covid deaths", a hospital collected thirty-some odd thousand dollars from the Feds if the death was from covid. They didn't get that if it was cancer, or gunshots, or asthma.

We think, "Surely they wouldn't lie!" But we know some of them did. You know--"the love of money...".

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The solution was that if you could treat covid 19 with IVM or anything else you could not approve a vaccine to make billions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I trust my doctor because I know him and his education exceeds mine in the area.

Regarding those I knew who died of covid, I knew some of their doctors.

One was anti-covid vaccination because he thought (and I suppose still does) that the risk of serious illness due to covid didn't justify the vaccine. He also knows our acquaintance died of covid, but that is a risk called life.

People die of the flu every year. We know this. People die of covid every year. We know this.

We know what COVID does to the body. We know most will recover just fine. And we know many won't. Just like the flu.

COVID deniers are now, no different from flat earthers or moon landing deniers.

In the other side we have COVID panic folk. They are like climate alarmists.

One extreme sect denies facts and the other exaggerates facts. Both are equally wrong.

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are allowing those who exploit for profit color your concept of reality.

I agree people exploited the situation for money, power, and political gain.

That does not mean the thing they exploited did not exist.

I got my bill in for my knee replacement. $117,000.00.
    Now, I only pay a little over $2k. Insurance didn't pick up $114,000. They paid under half. The rest will be written off and used for tax advantages. That does not mean that I didn't need the surgery.

People on this board have had covid and recovered just fine. Most said it was like a bad flu. Some said they just had no energy. We know people die of the flu. We know people die of chickenpox.

How foolish would we be to say people can't die of COVID? Very.

Now...if you want to claim numbers were inflated for money, I'll agree that is a probability.

But what is being said is people don't die of COVID. That is an irrational conspiracy claim.

8. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t doubt some people died from covid.

I doubt MANY did.

I believe a high number died from the vax. And a number with other conditions and covid pushed them over their limit.

I had it in July of ‘21. It lasted two weeks. No fever, no nausea, but lost my appetite and ten pounds (good thing!), temporary loss of smell and energy. The flu, which I have not had in decades (no vax there either), only lasted a few days way back when.

So covid or flu? Flu is concentrated misery for two or three days; covid is rather mild, but longer lasting. I just didn’t like it taking that long. I have no dread of either and that’s the third time I’ve had some kind of “bug” in approximately four decades, other than a cold a few times.

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd have to ask you to define "many".

At the start we had people here saying SARS-COV-2 didn't exist. When that played out it became "nobody dies of the virus".

Talking with people who have had covid, most said it was like a bad flu (I have had neither, so I can't say from personal experience).

Well, over 50,000 people die of the flu each year. If is worse than the flu I really can't see how many didn't die of the disease.

Then I have to consider the type of virus.

SARS-CoV was geographically limited. But it had a 10% mortality rate.

I can't, with any amount of integrity, believe that SARS-COV-2 was somehow more benign.

So I have to say that many died of covid. BUT I also believe the numbers were inflated for political reasons and greed.

Now that the COVID pandemic and panic (and income) is in the past we can look at current cases.

I live in SC. We had a little over 500 hospitalized for COVID last week. So it is a little up, but not much. And given the population it isn't a concern. Our flu rate has decreased a little.

The importance of acknowledging these diseases is that people can treat them. For the most part, neither are serious. But in many cases both should be treated so that they do not cause issues.

And for this each needs to be identified (a corona virus is not an influenza virus). My concern with both is mostly with the elderly. Nursing homes are more a concern because of how viruses spread.

10. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    By “many” I mean the media-inflated numbers.

It’s sort of like the JFK assassination—covered up by government so we can’t have accurate information.

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh ..I agree there.

My concern is that such an inflation of numbers will make people not think it would a serious (depending on their health, of course).

12. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Anybody know how many died from the flu in 2020?

What about in 2019 and 2021?

Strange numbers, I would bet.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know. I know we had some in SC all of those years, but during the pandemic I would expect the numbers to be very low (the spread of influenza is primarily dependent on social contact as the virus has a short survival rate outside of the body).

If the number of flu deaths did not drop sharply during those years then it would indeed be very strange.

14. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess Covid 19 would win the hop skip and jump event over Flu.

Diseases such as COVID-19 are spread through social contact. Reducing social contacts is required to stop disease spread in pandemics for which vaccines have not yet been developed. However, existing data on social contact patterns in the United States (U.S.) is limited.