• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cathy Rice Passed Away

annsni

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
So sad. I'm guessing she was related to you John? Our church has a vibrant deaf ministry and we have missionaries to the deaf. They are a very unreached people group - strangers in our own back yard. :(
 

John of Japan

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
So sad. I'm guessing she was related to you John? Our church has a vibrant deaf ministry and we have missionaries to the deaf. They are a very unreached people group - strangers in our own back yard. :(
She was my mother's aunt, so my great aunt. And a wonderful woman of God.
 

John of Japan

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
The funeral will not be until Tuesday the 25th, since their adopted deaf son, Evangelist Ronnie Rice, is preaching in Korea. Bill and Cathy Rice raised three Godly, greatly used evangelist sons (Bill III, Pete and Ronnie), and two godly daughters (Betty the deaf one who inspired their ministry, and Kaye who is in Heaven already). They parented on purpose for the glory of God.
 

John of Japan

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
I'm so sorry for your loss John. I'm sure that she is rejoicing but her family here are mourning her loss.
When I heard on Friday that she was in the hospital with pneumonia, I thought it might be time for her to join her husband since she was 101. Uncle Bill died when he was still in his 60's, so Aunt Cathy was alone for almost 40 years. I'm sure they are delighted to be back together again in Heaven.

She actually wrote two books on marriage: The Right Romance in Marriage, and The Right Way in Marriage for Women. Either one would be very profitable for a lady here on the BB to read.
 

John of Japan

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Her textbook on deaf sign language is still in print after many years: Sign Language for Everyone. I believe it is even used in some secular courses, it's so good.
 

annsni

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Her textbook on deaf sign language is still in print after many years: Sign Language for Everyone. I believe it is even used in some secular courses, it's so good.

That is awesome. A woman from our church is working with Door International to put together visual deaf Bibles and we have a deaf pastor on staff who runs our deaf church. The deaf are very close to our hearts!

I'm definitely going to look into the marriage books!!
 

Salty

20,000 Posts Club
Administrator
I know some are giving a condolence for a loss, but now she has been reunited with her husband.
 
Top