1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #54

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doing a little work at the computer (with the help of my Grandsons - grrrr)

[​IMG]

They will leave after lunch for California to house hunt the next coupla days and meet some of their new staff on Sunday.

This will give G'ma and I a breather for a few days! And when they return, my daughter and her fam will be heading this way for the month of July too.

Zoo.

2. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

We have been playing with Sam's new camera. Here is a photo of Leo, if we have worked it out properly.

http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v162/sodgod69/stuff/leo.jpg [​IMG]

I am not sure about the size tho :confused:

(Edited to remove oversized image as per BB posting rule #12)

[ June 26, 2004, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: I Am Blessed 16 ]

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I usually size my photos at 2.5 or 3 inches so they are about the same size as the BB logo. This is the IFL football game with my son Josh last night (he was a 4-year started at defensive tackle for Maranatha BBC - note HIS size and remember I'm 6'6" and 285 lbs).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Blackbird's coach calls the play from the sideline! "23 Fullback Dash Left Weak side on Three!"

That means Blackbird's Right Guard will pull left behind the Left Guard and Tackle while the Quarterback fakes to the Flanker and hands off to Blackbird!

Blackbird believes with all his heart---that there shouldn't be a problem running around Josh Griffin---and knows that if Griffin is fast enough to catch up with the mighty Fullback from Louisiana---well . . . well . . . he deserves to be tackled by such a large specimen of a Griffin!

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No wimpy LSU tigger has a chance with my baby boy around. BTW, Josh's smaller than his brother Jeremiah.

Man I got problems. Have a 3 pm wedding (couple hours from now our time) on the Mountain. And it has clouded up and is raining. They have no alternate plans!

WeatherChannel shows this a front line and it will pass, but it will turn our pines (little grass or vegetation grow in pine forests) into a muddy mess. Ugh.

Guess I will get on my suit and drive (15 minutes) up to the meadow on top of the mountain and just get muddy!

I have a wedding later on a ranch about 35 miles out of town. Dirt roads will not be good with this thunderstorm rolling by . . .

At least my late evening wedding will be at a nice dry Catholic church!

I'm outta here. Won't be back until late night . . and may be really tired after the next 6 hours!!

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Just popping in to say Hey!

We are really enjoying the weather outside today! I put ribs in the crock pot this morning, so all I have do when we get ready to eat is put BBQ sauce on them and put them on the grill for a few minutes. They sure do smell good!

I will check back in later tonight.

§ue

7. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Boy Sue,

that sure sounds delicious. I have had the stomach flu for 6 days now and today is the first day I have been able to eat solid, bland, food. I wish I could have some of those ribs. I guess I will just imagine how good they must taste.

Another scorcher here in beautiful Az--107!! :eek:

Bro Tony

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Not sure if this is better or not but here's a much smaller pic of Leo, Sheila and Rob's puppy.

[​IMG]

My tummy was upset this morning too. Probably worrying about Erin or something I picked up from the children at church.... but I took some Amodium since I had to go to work. I had 12 customers but didn't sell anything. One couple left to get their truck to come back for a large piece of furniture and a crystal vase so the day will have some profit for the shop.

I really enjoy seeing all the pictures. Our camera makes everything sort of yellow. I'm not sure the problem. Jim says it's because of how many times I've dropped it.

Diane

9. following-Him

Diane,

Thank you so much for re-sizing Leo [​IMG]

I haven't quite got the hang of that yet. :confused:

God Bless

Sheila

10. I Am Blessed 24

I was going to try and resize it, but the site I use makes them too small and you can't see the detail. :(

11. following-Him

Thanks Sue, I appreciate the thought. [​IMG]

Blessings

Sheila

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Where did Sue put her 20,000th post?

Off to bed here - good night.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Found it - she did it in the poll question.

Way to go Sue!!

14. sdcoyote

sdcoyote Member

Hello to everyone from cool, sunny, South Dakota. It was a wonderful day today - mowed the grass, puttered around the house, and just enjoyed being in the outdoors.

Tomorrow after church, I think my wife and I will go shake a mulberry tree that is up the hill and then fix ourselves a mulberry cobbler. -Please forgive me, those of you on diets, but cobbler and ice cream will, imo, be offered at the Lord's diner, just inside the Pearly Gates.

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

coyote!!! You've got a long way to go to catch up with Sue's post report---but hey! That mulberry cobbler sounds "right up Blackbird's ally!!"

My wife and I went out this past week---picked about a gallon of Blackberries----have mercy---they're good---cobbler!!! Look out!

Blackbird

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hey! What do I win? I said Sue would hit 20000 tonight!

I just finished cutting out 20 plus churches for my Sunday School class tomorrow and then coloring one, decorating it and cutting the doors to open with a picture of a teacher showing a little girl a Bible verse inside. Hope they enjoy them!

Now to find a good verse to fit my lesson.

Diane

17. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Sue hit 20,000! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Doc - I think that with all the weddings you perform - and Wyoming being so small - you must be the only dude performing them out there!

Worked outside the house and in the garden most of the day - how do you say tired and sore!

18. I Am Blessed 24

Bro Tony: I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

The ribs were delicious. I fixed garlic mashed potatoes and corn on the cob to go with them.

Going to get Brent's bath over with and then head to bed so we can be refreshed for church tomorrow.

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Just finished my churches for our craft. I decided I'd better go ahead and cut the doors and glue the people/ preacher/ etc. inside plus put the Bible verse on the back since 4 year olds have enough trouble just deciding which color to use! My assistant teacher suffers from major depression and won't be with me tomorrow. Thankfully my hubby is a helper too.

Praise for me and a prayer need for another lady... a young black man attacked the owner of another antique store as she opened and beat and raped her. Her shop was only blocks from the one where I worked today. I'm so thankful it wasn't me but my heart aches for this lady. Please remember her in prayer!

Diane

20. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Casper we have a gal (ordained via mail and set up shop as a "minister") and I who do weddings for the unchurched. She out-does me by far, since I require counseling sessions, etc, and she just does a Vegas style quickie.

June is busy; I've done 9 this month! But most counseling, etc was done in Feb-May. I'm gone most of July with preaching schedule chewing up weekends and a big conference in LA, then a new batch begins in August until I head out to Alaska for Labor Day. Sure wish I could get around a travel more.

You all never knew me before I got sick. I love to travel and minister and this sitting at home with a laptop just doesn't cut it!