1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #61

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy and hope Sue isn't catching my virus. My sweating/chills have been less the last two nights and so getting a lot better sleep. Still feel run over by a train.

But must function as semi-human. Run to Post Office, then to Clinic, then to Church (drop off outline for bulletin insert). Praying for strength to preach tomorrow.

An extra hour sleep won't hurt, either! [​IMG]

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Not unless you're going through menopause Dr. Bob! Lots of us women sweat terribly during the night.

I'm glad to hear you're doing some better and sure hope you get answers the beginning of the week!

I took a nap early today and could use another one already but then wouldn't sleep good tonight. I'll sure be thankful for an extra hour of sleep since we have to be at church extra early tomorrow.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For two years my MD has whined about me being "pre-diabetic" and THAT is what causes all my problems.

Blood test in Aug was 100 glucose after fasting.

Blood test in Sept was 99 glucose after 12 hour fast

Test in Oct was 100 after fasting

Test I took last week was 124 and Doc about jumped up and down. Then told him I'd only fasted 7 hours

Text Wednesday was 101 after fasting

It AIN'T my blood sugar!

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Blackbird is flying home from the UK today. Oh the board will be hopping by Monday. LOL

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Popping in to say good night. I am going to take advantage of that extra hour tonight! Everyone is in bed but me and I'm heading there right now!

Brent is walking better today, but it is still very awkward for him. He is still very sore, but the pain is gone unless he sits wrong, coughs, sneezes or something.

Pleasant dreams all!

§ue (hubby is helping with papers again tomorrow)

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm HOME!!!!!

Blackbird

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Welcome Home Bro. David! I've got to shower and leave for church pretty soon. Nick's in a puppet show in both services this morning. It fits with Pastor Rick's sermon.

I want to hear all about your UK experience tho!

Morning to all who come after.... [​IMG]

Diane

8. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning Diane, Blackbird, and all who get up later...

Welcome back Bro. David! We missed you!

Papers are done and it was not raining, but my feet are soaked from the heavy dew on the grass.

Brent is up. I haven't seen him walk yet this morning, but I imagine it will keep getting easier everyday.

§ue (time to fix breakfast)

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'll try to send a few pictures via e-mail---had a good time! More later! Jet-lag now!!

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blessed Lord's Day to all. Just by for a minute then on the way to church. Snow just starting to stick, gonna make for a nasty halloween night tonight if this keeps up!

Preaching on Jer 18-19 and the lessons of the Potter. Think I'm finally getting a handle on that one and trust I can be a blessing! Folks in my home church don't see me much (I'm preaching this Sunday and next as Pastor leads a group on a mission trip to London) and I get to share about my health, ministry, too.

And welcome back, to the mangy feathered friend . .

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hi all, We had a busy day! Nick's puppet show was so sweet. He was the humble collector of pennies who only had one coin to give .... sort of the widows mite type story. He did VERY well. He had a prayer in his part that was very touching.

We had our Fall Festival starting this afternoon and it was quite a hit. The ladies had prepared 620 hotdogs and they were gone within the first hour. I had 900 pieces of candy plus about 300 Veggie Tale booklets. I used them all! We've only been home about an hour and I'm beat! Jim and I ran the 'Ring Toss' game.

Tuesday I've offered to watch small children while church members go to vote and also to drive people to the polls. I've got to schedule it around picking up kids at school too.

I am very tired tonight and Jim's changed work hours. He has to be on the far side of Atlanta at 7:30 so he'll have to leave not long after Ty comes in. I have a feeling all the noise is going to keep Ty awake so I won't be able to lay back. We'll see. Whatever!

Diane

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Time change didn't change the way Blackbird preached today!!

Anybody else affected by the change??

13. Gib

Gib Active Member

The time changed?

14. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

I like the time change because it gets light earlier in the morning! I actually got to deliver the second half of my papers yesterday without a flashlight! [​IMG]

Brent and I are going to start our "Christmas" baking today. We will be making 1-2 different types of cookies/candy each day this week (after school work is finished).

I will have two grandsons helping with tomorrow's 'bake', three grandsons Wednesday, four grandsons Thursday, and five grandsons Friday. The decorating may not be perfect, but it is a tradition I started 20 years ago and I will continue with it.

The 'goodies' will be put into tins and stored (hidden from Grandpa) until needed... :D

Another rainy day here with flood watches out everywhere. I will get soaked again! I can't find a long rain slicker - they are all for men and too big for me. :(

Off to check other forums,
    §ue [​IMG]

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Nothing wrong with getting a Men's "Medium" or "Small"---is there?? Sure beats the alternative!!

16. I Am Blessed 24

Hey Blackbird!

Even the 'small' mens size is too big - believe it or not! [​IMG]

I am trying to find one for Brent also. I guess we'll have to go to a bigger 'city' to find what we need...

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy, Sue, but raingear beats wearing a parka. It was 17F and we got 6" of heavy wet snow throughout the day yesterday. We are sending the moisture east as fast as possible - lots of snow in Nebraska, but the cold front is stalling with all the political hot air over Illinois, so you might just get more rain!

And at 6'6" I feel your pain about stuff "not fitting" properly. Opposite reason, of course. God made some of us average sized and others short. [​IMG]

18. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Goodness! I KNOW I came to say good night! Wonder where my post went!

I'm going to be keeping some kids tomorrow while parents go to vote and I've also offered to take some seniors to the polls. I promise not to tell any of them how to vote! (Unless they ask my thoughts that is!)

Hope everyone has a wonderful night. I should have been in bed a long time ago. Just winding down.....

Hope everyone has a wonderful night with pleasant dreams and wakes feeling much better.

Diane

19. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

Another restless night and the time change isn't helping. I usually get up at 4:30-5:00, but with the time change I am getting up at 3:30-4:00. I do like the fact that it gets light earlier, but it takes my body awhile to adjust...

I got wet doing the papers again yesterday (wore Brent's poncho) and I feel like I might be coming down with a cold. Brent wanted to ride in the car, so I agreed, but I had to walk all 140 papers in the rain. I will sure be glad when his two weeks 'recoup' time is up!

It is still raining this morning and looks like it will continue through Thursday with the highs in the low fifties.

I hope it doesn't affect the voter turnout!

[​IMG]

20. shawna w

shawna w New Member

Good Morning ALL! Long time no talk! Well, I am back and looking forward to saying hey to everyone. Feeling better day by day but still awaiting results from 2 tests. Probably need more antibiotics. Everything is healing fine!

Mom: Let me know if ya want or need help with the papers today. I am free this afternoon.

So nice to be back!

Shawna