Originally posted by TFC123:
I have to get in on this. I'm in my 50's and want to study theology, biblical Studies and Counseling. I have and undergraduate degree from a highly accredited secular University. Over the past year felt the need and call to learn. Financal limitations and stage of life issues dictated that I go the distance education route. I googled Christian Education Distance and there is over 70 pages. There is a lot of repeats though.
I thought about the accredation question and in the end felt that should not be a factor.
Acredation comes from secular sources and thus, may be able to have a degree of control on ciriculum. If accredation is a factor, then maybe that's more importaint than learning what God want's us to know. I havre never even though of or considered where a Pastor graduated from and never would conside if his school was acreddited, as long as he taught the word and love of God.
Most of the great ones didn't even go to Graduate schools, Moody, Billy Graham, A.B. Simpson. If you want to really have a good theological education, accredation is not importaint, remember who gives you the knowledge,the Holy Spirit.
Also, when I looked at the accredited schools tuition was double others.
There are many fine honest, dedicated Conservative fundumentalist Seminaries offering degrees at all levels , with intensive programs and excellet teachers that do not pursue accredation. It would raise costs and cause them to offer courses they don't feel apply.
Finally, I'm doing programs at Tyndale in Texas(not accreditted, Trinity in Indiana, and another place I won't mention. I did investigate Messiah, but noticed they had two programs with emphasis for women only. I asked why there was no men's only program and was told there were more paid positions for woman. News to me.
Anyway I said to much. Last Columbia has an excellent staff and program.
Ley me know what anyone ythinks.
Thanks
Terry
[TFC123 since you are no longer a Baptist (now CMA) you are not allowed to post in the Baptist Only Sections of the BB. Please restrict your post to the sections that are open to All Christians.]