1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conception

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Deacon, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Seth&Mattsmom

Seth&Mattsmom New Member

Who are we to determine wether or not God chooses to make a pregnancy into a human life? Can we not just leave things up to him?

I suffered through a blighted ovum. Perfect pregnancy, except there was no fetus inside the sac. I chose to have my miscarriage at home. I mourned the loss of that non-exisitant baby.

I went through a lot of searching wondering why God would allow a false pregnancy to a woman. I still don't have the answer. But how can anyone else decide for Him wether or not that a positive pregnancy test is destined to be a human life? He chose me for a false pregnancy, and I accept it. His ways are not our ways, and definetly His thoughts are not OUR thoughts!!

It hurts me to see so much effort and time put into these discussions all over the world. Let's take the time and effort out to the lost lambs of God.

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm sorry you had to go through that. Miscarriages are tough, I've had a couple. (the hardest being the twin of my oldest living)

But...I do think the topic is very important, even if it goes too far, because people need to be convinced that life is valuable from the very beginning to the very end. If they were convinced of that, we wouldn't have Christians who believe that abortion for the sake of convenience is ok.

3. Seth&Mattsmom

Seth&Mattsmom New Member

Well I guess for me the issue is determined by my experience.

GOD chooses wether or not conception starts at the time of the egg fertizing. And it is His decsion, not ours. He determines and we cannot know which one will end up a human or an empty sac. BTW, most of miscarriages are blighted ovum. AND 20% of ALL pregnancies end in miscarriage.

So it is an unanswerable question for us. We cannot possibly answer this with our human knowledge. When the egg is fertilzed, there are living cells, sure. Only living cells can create a placenta. But only God is allowed to know wether or not He chooses to make them into a person.