Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
J. Jump said:Would it be a violation of copyright to produce an audio version of the NASB Bible and give copies of it to folks that wanted copies. The key word being give not sell?
Pretty standard stuff there.The text of the New American Standard Bible® may be quoted and/or reprinted up to and inclusive of five hundred (500) verses without express written permission of The Lockman Foundation, providing the verses do not amount to a complete book of the Bible nor do the verses quoted account for more than 25% of the total work in which they are quoted.
Let me see if I got this right!AresMan said:Copyright clauses such as these are one reason why I prefer the KJV (I use both 1611 and 1769). I prefer not to feel encumbered when I spread God's word.![]()
AresMan said:Copyright clauses such as these are one reason why I prefer the KJV (I use both 1611 and 1769). I prefer not to feel encumbered when I spread God's word.![]()
I'd say there is little question that the 1611 edition of the A. V. was 'copywrited'.Ed Edwards said:The Pilgims in the USofA used the Geneva Bible.
The Copyright status the KJVs is not determined
by discussion here yet so the Copyright status of
the KJV[]bs[/b] is dubious; by contrast & FOR SURE,
the Geneva Bible is NOT copyrighted.