• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David Jeremiah

evangelist6589

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Is anyone here reading his latest book? I am on page 76. So far he has talked about the New Atheism which has persuaded me that evidential apologetics and those that choose to debate atheists, agnostics, and write books in a way are wasting their time with "fools" who will never see the evidence of God, because they have chosen to reject God, and so have been blinded (Rom 1).

He has spoken about spiritual warfare, and in the chapter I am on now he is talking about how Jesus has been profaned in the culture. None of this is news to me, but Jeremiah is calling christians to use discernment in what they watch, listen too, and associate with. His language and writing style is very simple, but in a way he is communicating exactly what Erwin Lutzer does in a book on discernment, except Lutzer writes with bigger words, and does not have as many quotes from the culture as Jeremiah.

I have not yet listened to his sermons on this book but plan to do that soon. I have many books by this author. His writing style is not as academic as others, but he knows how to communicate well and get quotes from outside sources very well.

Thoughts? Opinions?

John
 

Arbo

Active Member
Site Supporter
Though I've not read anything by DJ, I consider him to be one of the more practical teachers I've heard.
 

Mexdeaf

New Member
Got the book. Went to a pastor's breakfast and rally a couple weeks ago. Really enjoyed his messages. Book is very good.
 
Top