• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debt...Wow!

D

dianetavegia

Guest
Originally posted by The Galatian:
(Diane agrees with hardsheller)

Abortion just isn't a joking matter for some of us, Diane.
And how many children did you save by adopting them Galatian?

I am VERY pro-life to the point that I would instituted the death penalty for those who have, provide or assist in abortion in any way. I am also a realist. NO president can force our country to do away with abortion. You and I must work to change hearts and the way to do it is NOT fussing on a Christian board but one young couple at a time.

See how even the national debt is turned into a "I hate George Bush/ You're not pro-life enough" thread?

Folks! Get off your computer chair and go volunteer at Birthright.
 

The Galatian

Active Member
(Diane agrees with hardsheller)

Barbarian observes:
Abortion just isn't a joking matter for some of us, Diane.

And how many children did you save by adopting them Galatian?
None. But on the other hand, I didn't vote for a candidate who thinks abortion is O.K. if the child is concieved in incest or rape.

How about you?

I am VERY pro-life to the point that I would instituted the death penalty for those who have, provide or assist in abortion in any way.
Say, like promoting a pro-abortion candidate over a pro-life candidate? I don't think I'd have voted for the death penalty for such people, but I deplore their lack of concern for the unborn.

I am also a realist.
Um, yeah, a "realist", i.e. "I had a conflict between my loyalty to the GOP and my principles."

NO president can force our country to do away with abortion.
But he could have avoided campaigning in a GOP primary, taking the side of the abortionist, um? Spector was going down to defeat, until Bush stepped in to save him from a pro-life republican.

You and I must work to change hearts and the way to do it is NOT fussing on a Christian board but one young couple at a time.
Maybe one less pro-abortion senator would have been even better.

You can't serve two masters.

See how even the national debt is turned into a "I hate George Bush/ You're not pro-life enough" thread?
It was a response to the "times are a'changing" argument. They aren't changing.

Folks! Get off your computer chair and go volunteer at Birthright.
Wouldn't hurt to quit voting for pro-abortion candidates, too.
 

Baptist in Richmond

Active Member
Originally posted by Pennsylvania Jim:
"The Bush administration borrowed another $62.6 billion in May. That's slightly more than two thousand million a day added to our national tab, weekends included. Another way to look at it is that it's more than twenty-three thousand a second, twenty-four hours a day added to your obligation. While you were reading this first paragraph, the government ran up your debt more than a hundred thousand dollars. And this is on top of the taxes you pay them. ..."
This too must have something to do with that "mandate."
 

Baptist in Richmond

Active Member
Originally posted by dianetavegia:
Well these discussions give a new meaning to FOUR MORE YEARS...

The times, they are a changing.
Wow: did Dianetavegia just quote Bob Dylan?
:eek:

Be careful: that'll turn you into one of us lefties.....
 
D

dianetavegia

Guest
Originally posted by Baptist in Richmond:
Wow: did Dianetavegia just quote Bob Dylan?
:eek:

Be careful: that'll turn you into one of us lefties.....
HEY BaptistinRichmond, it'll take a lot more than Rainy Day Women to turn ME into a leftie! I'm 54. I know the songs. Been there... never did that.
I was NOT a flower child.
flower.gif
 

Baptist in Richmond

Active Member
Originally posted by dianetavegia:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Baptist in Richmond:
Wow: did Dianetavegia just quote Bob Dylan?
:eek:

Be careful: that'll turn you into one of us lefties.....
HEY BaptistinRichmond, it'll take a lot more than Rainy Day Women to turn ME into a leftie! I'm 54. I know the songs. Been there... never did that.
I was NOT a flower child.
flower.gif
</font>[/QUOTE]&lt;sound of BiR spitting coffee&gt;

Wow, that was hilarious. Of all the songs, that was the one you referenced!!! Thanks, Diane: I needed that (rough day).

thumbs.gif
http://members.aol.com/baptistnrichmond/dylan.jpg

&lt;oversized image replaced with link&gt;

[ November 12, 2004, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]
 
Originally posted by Hardsheller:
Same old song, same old verse. You two need to get a life now that you have a Great President for 4 more years! :D
How's that work?

Hardsheller and Diane will fawn all over Bush as he pushes socialism and ignores abortion, and therefore "have a life".

Anyone who dares call attention to his misdeeds doesn't "have a life", and should remain quiet?

Sleep on, friends.
 

The Galatian

Active Member
Incredible. Just incredible. One is reminded of the old skit where Jimmy Durante is trying to sneak an elephant into a building.

A guard spots him and walks up behind, and clears his throat.

"What elephant?" says Durante.
 
D

dianetavegia

Guest
Pa. Jim, What really gets my goat is you trash our President daily on a Christian board and yet I never notice any discussion from you about witnessing, Bible Versions, prayer and praise forums... all politics and breaking news. Yet WE are the bad guys because we don't agree with you and your cohort in this rant.

Seems to me you need to take off your blinders! There's more to Christianity than fighting abortion and war. If we share Jesus and win the lost to Christ, abortions will lessen! You cannot force morality on people! Only the Holy Spirit can change their hearts, not some law. Never stopped the sodomites did it?

The BIBLE tells us not to worry about the future! Plus, if worse comes to worse, your grandchildren will see smaller govt. because we won't be able to afford all these give aways.
 
Wow, the bible tells us not to worry about the future? Where's that...Proverbs? I suppose you have no plans for retirement.

Sorry if you don't care for my prefeences, or areas of interest. I guess we can't all be like you.

I don't post too much on the forums such as Bible Versions, because there are some there who know far more than I, and I learn a lot reading what others have posted.

You should try that on the politics forum. I'm not saying not to post, but to read and learn. You seem to have a very closed mind on the subject.

I did post on one or two of the other forums the other day.

Personally, I think spending hours on the games forums is a very silly waste of time. But that's just me, I'm sure those of you who chew up hours on games have a good reason, and I don't criticize you for it.

Praise and prayer are a pretty heartfelt thing for me, and I am not comfortable posting them on a public forum, for the most part. Again, my hat's off to those of you who do, I see a lot of good things there. It's just not for me, for the most part.

Not to brag, but I do have a pretty extensive knowledge, and years of experience with politics. And I have a lot of interest in it, therefore that's where I post, mostly. You may not agree with me, but I know what I'm talking about. Perhaps if you gave me at least the common respect to consider the things that I post, instead of simply automatically disagereeing if it hits at your favorite party or personality, you would understand.
 
D

dianetavegia

Guest
Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

No. We have NO plans for retirement. I'm 54, hubby is 57 and we have NOTHING left. We have a 10 year old too. All our savings and equity in our home has been used to keep us in our home. The best laid plans... are worthless when you lose a job and are older with very bad health (Hubby).
He currently works 2 jobs.

I also have a lot of experience with politics as does my husband. I won't bother to list it again. It was all Republican.

What elected office did you hold?
 

Monergist

New Member
Jim, you do have a gift of being able to use discernment in political thinking, and I appreciate yor contribution here. I don't think that personal criticisms are neccessary, but I guess there's a tendency when one cannot overcome the force of the argument, to criticize the person.
 
Diane,

You have no idea what all I have done. I never held elected office. That makes you superior, I'm sure. But I'm not interested in your contest. You win. You are better. I don't care at all, since this is not about ME ME ME.

Sorry to hear about your financial situation. I know that you have expressed difficulty in the past. You will be shocked at this, for sure, but I do pray for you and your family from time to time, and will continue to do so. I'm glad that your husband found work.

In the verse you quoted, Jesus was addressing pre-occupation with worry. That doesn't mean that it's ok to run up debt that you cannot pay. The Bible is FULL of instructions to plan wisely for the future.
 
D

dianetavegia

Guest
That was an honest question Jim. I'd like to hear about your experiences in politics and where you began (Republican??) and how you got to where you are now.

Diane
 
It was?

I was the first Republican in many generations (ever?) on both my mothers and fathers side of the family, so far as I know.

I have helped with a local CPC in fundraising and other activities for about 25 years.

Acitve in letter writing, and in distributing books, literature, etc. on issues of concern to Christians and conservatives.

Active in numerous political campaigns at the level of county, school district, state rep., state senator, US rep, US Senator, President, probably others.

Active in local school district issues.

That's what comes immediately to mind.

How did I get to "where I am now"? Dunno, I'm just here, by God's grace. Still a Republican, but very ashamed of my party. I believe in Jesus' command to clean up your own house before throwing stones at someone elses'.

But, I've watched 31 years of excuses on abortion by politicians who are not willing to do anything to stop it, and don't have too much time for empty excuses for inaction.

Ditto government spending and other issues.

What's wrong with holding politicians to what they claim to believe, and OPPOSING THEM IF THEY DON'T PUT IT INTO PRACTICE?
 
D

dianetavegia

Guest
Thanks for sharing Jim. My parents were both Democrats but my father switched parties about 35 years ago, after I registered Republican. My mother still thinks anyone but a democrat will ruin the country. She's as off the wall as Barbara Striesand!

We had a number of friends in Conn. who ran without party endorsement or dual endorsement but in New England.... pro-lifers fought a constant battle. I remember when Len Suzio ran for SCHOOL BOARD the first time and his opponent sent out so much literature about his affiliation with Birthright that you'd have thought the school board would have a chance to outlaw abortion.

When my husband lost re-election by just a few votes, we had a large number of people from the Right to Life party call and apologize for 'not making it to the polls' because they didn't think their vote would matter in an 'off' year.

I've done nothing but vote, write letters, hand out stuff now for the last 10 years. Jim lost his re-election bid 10 years ago last week. Just realized that! Our 'unwed' daughter was pregnant during that time and NARAL and NOW really went after him. They handed out literature saying if he got re-elected that he'd see all birth control would be outlawed.
 
Top