biblebeliever23
New Member
Early this morning (about 5AM), I had a troubling dream. I have had them before, with satan in them. But this is the first time I rebuked the devil in my dream. Here's what happened:
I was like back in high school and my close friend Kim was there. Kim is talking to me, and we're ready to leave school she says to me, I think I'm gonna go call blah and blah. Two guys names, but I Forget what they were. She basically had said to me she was going to ditch our plans and go sleep with two guys. (Know that though in real life Kim is not like that at all, she's pure and a virutuous Christian woman.)
So I was like, Kim....you were supposed to take me home. And you're going to ditch me to go sleep with some guys? what the heck is wrong with you? Seeing that she was annoyed, I walked away. I picked out my phone from my purse and preceeded to call my mom to pick me up.
now here's strange thing #1:
Never with all attempts in my dreams, have I been able to make a phone call. Whenever I use my phone in a dream, it's because I need help (like calling 911). Every single time nobody answers, or I get the operator saying I dialed wrong. I actually got my mom on the phone, and was able to dial numbers, which I never see numbers. I could see my phone number on the phone.
My mom got on the phone and she's talking to me, and as she is, she said to me "I'm outside in the dark (apparently night time now), and I see green eyes in the dark, and green face, and it's glowing, etc"
She seemed scared. That's when I said "Mom THATS SATAN, he's trying to get after Kim!" And right as I said that, I'm turning the corner of the hall, to go to the staircase, and low and behold, Satan is standing right there, against the wall accross from the steps, motionless, but standing there as if he's been waiting for me.
It was like a movie that was paused, I could not move. You know how satan looks in the light of the world movie (by chick tracts)? thats what he looked like. Maybe even scarier looking. Bright red also. I couldn't see the body of him though, it was covered in a cape. He stood like 12 feet tall.
I then woke up, screaming "DEVIL - FLEE!!!!"
Did it without even thinking. I think it was rebuking the devil that actually woke me up.
and then I repeated it and said "devil flee in the name of Jesus Christ." and I felt safe.
I was scared for a little while, after the initial shock but after praying for a half hour I could actually sleep after that.
Now I've had dreams like this before, and I prayed that if I ever was tempted by satan again, that I rebuke him next time. It worked! Without thinking.
Here's interesting thing #2
Kim - my friend had a dream, seeing the devil just a week earlier. Accept he appeared to her as "mary". She said that mary was decending from the clouds, and her whole family was there saying it was the savior (she's been witnessing to her Catholic family for awhile now). In her dream, she said that she screamed, that's the devil!!!!!!!! something like that. She was really freaked out about it, couldn't even tell me in an email cause she was scared to talk about it.
All I kept doing was picturing his face in my mind
after my dream, with how scary it looked. And I said to myself "why should I fear something that CANT hurt me when I should fear somebody that can (GOD)." I realized Satan was so silly, and I forgot about it and went back to sleep. I even got out of bed to use the bathroom. Before I would tremble and cling to my blankets.
Now, I'm just curious, does anybody else get dreams like this? I guess I should tell a little about myself. I'm 23 years old and recently was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease (in AUG). It is incurable. I consider myself to be a very strong willed Christian, serving the Lord is part of my day. I feel that I'm going to be lead to do something important for God, but this disease is something that will both strengthen me as a Child of God and at the same time test me (right now). It's a very hard time for me because the drugs to treat the disease are worse than the disease itself. It seems like I have stopped living life like it used to be. The drugs make me very depressed, when prior to them I was full of Joy and happiness, Praising God (still am Praising God).
I think Satan is trying very hard to discourage or 'break' me because he knows I have a cause for Christ. I know that his only wish for me is to see me destroyed and useless for God. I know that right now things are rough and I am a bit discouraged, because of how things are going...but I know there is a difference between discouraged and giving up. I feel that in time I will accept all that is going on and I will move on. I just need the strength and prayer. I know that by getting this disease alone I have become even stronger spitirually and I have found more direction in my life. I decided above all things - marriage, family, career that I will serve the Lord. That is my Priority in life. That's all I want to hear is "well done, thou Good and Faithful Servant."
What do you guys think about having a dream like this? Thank you for listening.
Jane
I was like back in high school and my close friend Kim was there. Kim is talking to me, and we're ready to leave school she says to me, I think I'm gonna go call blah and blah. Two guys names, but I Forget what they were. She basically had said to me she was going to ditch our plans and go sleep with two guys. (Know that though in real life Kim is not like that at all, she's pure and a virutuous Christian woman.)
So I was like, Kim....you were supposed to take me home. And you're going to ditch me to go sleep with some guys? what the heck is wrong with you? Seeing that she was annoyed, I walked away. I picked out my phone from my purse and preceeded to call my mom to pick me up.
now here's strange thing #1:
Never with all attempts in my dreams, have I been able to make a phone call. Whenever I use my phone in a dream, it's because I need help (like calling 911). Every single time nobody answers, or I get the operator saying I dialed wrong. I actually got my mom on the phone, and was able to dial numbers, which I never see numbers. I could see my phone number on the phone.
My mom got on the phone and she's talking to me, and as she is, she said to me "I'm outside in the dark (apparently night time now), and I see green eyes in the dark, and green face, and it's glowing, etc"
She seemed scared. That's when I said "Mom THATS SATAN, he's trying to get after Kim!" And right as I said that, I'm turning the corner of the hall, to go to the staircase, and low and behold, Satan is standing right there, against the wall accross from the steps, motionless, but standing there as if he's been waiting for me.
It was like a movie that was paused, I could not move. You know how satan looks in the light of the world movie (by chick tracts)? thats what he looked like. Maybe even scarier looking. Bright red also. I couldn't see the body of him though, it was covered in a cape. He stood like 12 feet tall.
I then woke up, screaming "DEVIL - FLEE!!!!"
Did it without even thinking. I think it was rebuking the devil that actually woke me up.
and then I repeated it and said "devil flee in the name of Jesus Christ." and I felt safe.
I was scared for a little while, after the initial shock but after praying for a half hour I could actually sleep after that.
Now I've had dreams like this before, and I prayed that if I ever was tempted by satan again, that I rebuke him next time. It worked! Without thinking.
Here's interesting thing #2
Kim - my friend had a dream, seeing the devil just a week earlier. Accept he appeared to her as "mary". She said that mary was decending from the clouds, and her whole family was there saying it was the savior (she's been witnessing to her Catholic family for awhile now). In her dream, she said that she screamed, that's the devil!!!!!!!! something like that. She was really freaked out about it, couldn't even tell me in an email cause she was scared to talk about it.
All I kept doing was picturing his face in my mind
after my dream, with how scary it looked. And I said to myself "why should I fear something that CANT hurt me when I should fear somebody that can (GOD)." I realized Satan was so silly, and I forgot about it and went back to sleep. I even got out of bed to use the bathroom. Before I would tremble and cling to my blankets.
Now, I'm just curious, does anybody else get dreams like this? I guess I should tell a little about myself. I'm 23 years old and recently was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease (in AUG). It is incurable. I consider myself to be a very strong willed Christian, serving the Lord is part of my day. I feel that I'm going to be lead to do something important for God, but this disease is something that will both strengthen me as a Child of God and at the same time test me (right now). It's a very hard time for me because the drugs to treat the disease are worse than the disease itself. It seems like I have stopped living life like it used to be. The drugs make me very depressed, when prior to them I was full of Joy and happiness, Praising God (still am Praising God).
I think Satan is trying very hard to discourage or 'break' me because he knows I have a cause for Christ. I know that his only wish for me is to see me destroyed and useless for God. I know that right now things are rough and I am a bit discouraged, because of how things are going...but I know there is a difference between discouraged and giving up. I feel that in time I will accept all that is going on and I will move on. I just need the strength and prayer. I know that by getting this disease alone I have become even stronger spitirually and I have found more direction in my life. I decided above all things - marriage, family, career that I will serve the Lord. That is my Priority in life. That's all I want to hear is "well done, thou Good and Faithful Servant."
What do you guys think about having a dream like this? Thank you for listening.
Jane